Peter King's Top 5 Michael Vick destinations (guess who is #1) (1 Viewer)

Because no one is using their head to think of a place... Miami may be a good fit because he'd fit the style of offense they seemed to like running last year.

Good idea.

I've also seen someone mention Seattle. That would team him back with Mora Jr. That could be another fit.

I'm not against Vick getting another shot... just don't think we should try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Again, I like the way you are thinking -- teams that could benefit from Vick's QB style. :9:

Miami drafted Pat White, no need for Vick.

Until Lomis and Payton make a statement that they are not interested, then they are interested. Let's not forget though is that Payton is a diciple of Parcels. Do you think for a second that Parcels would pick up this animal?

Last edited:
Actually, my grammatically challenged friend, it's a perfectly good example. I can't imagine one GM in the NFL who would rather have Vick than Ryan as their starting QB.
There's a few different GMs that would want Vick over Ryan. Al Davis for one, if he wasn't committed to Russell. I could see Jerry Jones wanting him too. Can't forget the Phins. Vick would complete their offense.

Miami drafted Pat White, no need for Vick.
I know they drafted White... but Vick still makes more sense there then here.

He'd bring an experience at QB running a "wildcat like" offense.

Also, White wants to play QB, but there was talk about possibly moving him to WR. Kinda, like Jenkins being given his shot at CB though there's still a lot of talk about him eventually moving to safety. OK, more of a position shift for White -- but just saying that them drafting him at QB doesn't guarantee he'll stay a QB.

So, I don't see that White being drafted necessarily precludes Vick possibly going to Miami.

I do see that us having Brees and running Payton's style of offense makes N.O. a less likely place for Vick to land.

would you rather edjerrin in third and one or vick, reggie, and pierre. Something is telling me the latter.

I know they drafted White... but Vick still makes more sense there then here.

He'd bring an experience at QB running a "wildcat like" offense.

Also, White wants to play QB, but there was talk about possibly moving him to WR. Kinda, like Jenkins being given his shot at CB though there's still a lot of talk about him eventually moving to safety. OK, more of a position shift for White -- but just saying that them drafting him at QB doesn't guarantee he'll stay a QB.

So, I don't see that White being drafted necessarily precludes Vick possibly going to Miami.

I do see that us having Brees and running Payton's style of offense makes N.O. a less likely place for Vick to land.

The thing is Miami already has pieces in place to run that offense. We would be adding it to our offense therefore making us more versatile.

The thing is Miami already has pieces in place to run that offense. We would be adding it to our offense therefore making us more versatile.
IMHO I don't think taking the ball out of Drew's hands is the way to make us more versatile. We were the #1 offense in 2006 & 2008, top 5 in 2007.

We don't need to jump on the wildcat bandwagon.

Bring On The Vick!

He will look awesome in black and gold. None of this NIMBY NONSENSE... (not in my backyard)

Let's see. How many championships have we won here in NOLA??? Saints can't afford to turn their nose up at talent.

Everybody hates him until he scores his first touchdown and makes it look easy.

We need to win a superbowl!!!!!!!!

Sign him up!

I'd take him. And my buddy is a HUGE Mike Vick fan and doesn't like the Saints that much so this would stick it to him lol.

Seay Payton is a quarterback who likes quarterbacks. Why would he have any interest in M Vick? The Saint's will thrive or die on Drew Brees, he is a quarterback! I don't see how a running back who can throw well would fit into Payton's plans in any why. I also don't see why Peter King would think such a thing. This has nothing to do with Vicks criminal and antisocial activities, this has to do with his lack of ability to quarterback against any team with a fast defence cause he is about the threat of a run and the throw off of the run. Once a team learns to play that, M Vick couldn't beat em so why would Sean Payton want that even without the criminal antisocial baggage?

Kris

Okay, I've typed responses to this in other threads, but didn't submit them. Now this article comes out and it exactly what I was thinking so I'll comment this time.

When this Vick stuff first broke, I was very much against Vick. With that being said, he has served his time and paid his debt. I do not think that the NFL should impose any more suspension on Vick, b/c if I recall correctly when this happened he was suspended indef from the league, well now he's out of prison so that indef suspension needs to have a date set for his return which should be the beginning of this season. I'm not going to get into what he did because people have different views on this and I am willing to put money on is that there are some people on this site that have bet on, raised or fought dogs themselves and if not dogs chickens. There are also players in the league that have killed human beings (Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth) and there are others that were suspected to have involvement in others (Ray Lewis). So he has paid his debt, if he uses his name and fame to speak out against animal cruelty and does good in society now then he should be forgiven and allowed to pursue his career.

Why he makes sense for us? Okay, he was a QB before he went to jail, not necessarily a great QB, but a dynamic playmaker that played QB. He wants to come back to play the same position, but he's been away too long to step right back in. We have a QB mastermind in SP, someone who turned Romo into a decent QB and that says a lot. He also has taken in a broken down Joey Harrington and revived his career as Drew's backup. That is where Vick comes in, as the 3rd QB. Drew's job is safe this is not even part of the discussion, bringing Vick is would be to add another element to the offense. SP and Drew can work with Vick on his QB skills to get him back to being NFL ready and even improve on what he was before while he can be used in special situations to create mismatches, run the wildcat and gadget plays. He can also be used to run the Wildcat for the defense to see so that when we face a team that runs the Wildcat we'd be prepared. Vick has something to prove as did Drew when he came here, different situations, but both were wrote off. Drew by the Chargers and Vick by everyone. I think we give him that opportunity. We are built to win and IMO, this is one chance we should take to maybe put us over the top. BTW, for those of you worried about taking the ball out of Drew's hand for a few plays per game, that's not that big of a deal.

I am actually hoping that we are the team that he goes to now.

When we call a running play we take the ball out of Drew's hands... same same... I was against it too, but if SP and Loomis can turn Vi's career around they'd hit legendary status... but it will NOT happen, so the point is moot.

Simply laughable to think that a coach that is serious about going to the SuperBowl this year would even CONSIDER adding Vick to the roster....laughable....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom