PFF gonna PFF: Aaron Rodgers vs SEA graded HIGHER than Brees vs. Philly (1 Viewer)

I'm quite comfortable with my stance that there's altogether too much whining about things that ultimately don't matter, when we're doing so well as a team on the field.

I've already made my point and don't feel the need to elaborate any further. But thanks for your erudite comments, esp. McCombMike, you make a fair point.

My point in asking is simply this. PFF has Brees ranked #1 among all QB's this season. His score of 95,6 is one of the highest grades any player has ever gotten at PFF for any position and I think it's the highest QB grade for a season in PFF's history. His grade is 3.3 points than Mahomes who is second on the list. That 3.3 gap between Brees and the #2 guy who is on pace to shatter some massive records is the same gap between the #2 guy and the #8 guy.
1542836868748.png

I swear, 75% of the talking heads think Brees is the MVP yet most on here are focusing on the 25%. Vegas has him as the odds on favorite to win the MVP. Vegas has the Saints as the favorite to win the Super Bowl. Most people including the "experts" and the fans of opposing teams don't think the Saints can be stopped. Many are calling this team one of the greatest teams ever yet so many on here are looking for the "disrespect" click bait articles and video pieces that are designed to make people click on them so they can profit over your "outrage". If you quit clicking on them they quit writing them. If you ignore the Chris Sims' of the world they fall back into the world of irrelevance they came from.

PFF is not 100% accurate but if you look back at their grades, they are right a whole lot more than they are wrong. Yes, they sometimes don't know the exact assignment but most times it's pretty easy to figure out. Yes, some of it is guess work but it's guess work for every player and with 500+ snaps over the course of a season the law of averages becomes quite the smoother.

Who Dat!

Ok, pff needs to post a tutorial video on there YouTube channel and show nfl fans how there analytics process works. This is just Disingenuous. At this point I think they’re just make stuff up. Btw long time Brees hater Cris Collinworth is the owner of Pff !

It should't even take a tutorial. Just post the formulas. If they know what they're doing those formulas should be dynamic enough where they shouldn't need to tweak much week to week or player to player.

But I said "pff sschmee ff" way back when it wasn't popular. It's obvious they play to the clicks and ads like any other website.

It should't even take a tutorial. Just post the formulas. If they know what they're doing those formulas should be dynamic enough where they shouldn't need to tweak much week to week or player to player.

But I said "pff sschmee ff" way back when it wasn't popular. It's obvious they play to the clicks and ads like any other website.
I agree, PFF is the definition of fake news !

I swear, 75% of the talking heads think Brees is the MVP yet most on here are focusing on the 25%. Vegas has him as the odds on favorite to win the MVP. Vegas has the Saints as the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

This is all true.

As for PFF, as with most everything, the truth is in the middle.

Their rankings are flawed. There’s no true way of knowing what everyone’s assignment is on any given play, what perfect ball placement is every time, etc.

PFF does benefit NFL coaches, btw. But not for its grading. Coaches will use it for snap counts and personnel groupings (for instance, how often does a team line up in 11 personnel?).

I think its grade system is okay. Not great. Not terrible. But some people either want to dismiss it as garbage or sing its praises as the undeniable truth. It’s neither. But it adds to discussion, which is cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom