Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (2 Viewers)

From last year
===========
Kaia Rolle’s wrists were much too small for handcuffs, so when an officer held a white zip tie in his hands, the 6-year-old girl was curious at the sight.
“What are those for?” Kaia asked the pair of Orlando officers.

“They’re for you,” school resource officer Dennis Turner said, as another officer slipped them over the first-grader’s wrists. “No, don’t put handcuffs on!” Kaia sobbed, pleading with a charter school official feet away. “Help me, help me, please!”

The two officers perp-walked Kaia to a patrol vehicle waiting outside Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy, with Kaia crying the entire way, as shown in body-camera footage of the September incident obtained this week by the Orlando Sentinel.

The incident, which prompted wide national condemnation after it occurred, led to Turner’s firing after the department concluded he violated arrest policy, Orlando Police Chief Orlando Rolón said last year.

“I was sick to my stomach when I heard this,” he said then. “We were all appalled. We could not fathom the idea of a 6-year-old being put in the back of a police car.”

The extent of trauma from the incident is unknown, but the Sentinel’s release of the video provides a clearer and damning glimpse inside the school where Turner — an officer accused of abusing his own son and of excessive force on the job — led the arrest.

“I knew that what they did was wrong, but I never knew she was begging for help,” Meralyn Kirkland, Kaia’s grandmother, told the Sentinel. “I watched her break.”……..

How is that guy even drawing a retirement check....

2 Colorado Police Officers Are Investigated After A Violent Arrest

Haubert is under investigation over possible attempted first-degree assault, second-degree assault and felony menacing in connection with the Friday incident, according to arrest warrant affidavits written by an Aurora police detective and obtained by The Denver Post.

Officer Francine Martinez faces charges over allegedly not intervening to try to stop Haubert's purported use of force, the documents say.

Will see how this plays out in court as they do deserve proper defense for actions. It's also good to see departments taking things seriously from the beginning rather than after community outrage. Could go a long way to repairing things.

ETA:

Tough to watch.

2 Colorado Police Officers Are Investigated After A Violent Arrest

Will see how this plays out in court as they do deserve proper defense for actions. It's also good to see departments taking things seriously from the beginning rather than after community outrage. Could go a long way to repairing things.

ETA:

Tough to watch.

I wish slow stomach cancer upon that piece of work...that was indeed tough to watch. The part that really got me was when dude was screaming for help.

I believe their Chief is being honest in her presser, I hope her people get the right message.

From 50 years ago. 2 and a half years

does anyone remember this case? Article says it was nationwide news

it’s my first time hearing about it

and since they’re now admitting how wrong and tragic it was the city or department should pay every penny of the civil damages the family was seeking at the time plus 50 years of interest
==================

Santos and David Rodriguez were handcuffed in a Dallas police car when an officer began to play Russian roulette with the hope of getting them to confess to stealing $8 from a gas station vending machine.

Santos, 12, and David, 13, had been pulled from their beds by Dallas police officer Darrell Cain in the early-morning hours of July 24, 1973.

The White officer had already once pulled the trigger of his .357 Magnum revolver during his interrogation of the Mexican American boys, who said they did not commit the petty theft.

“I am telling the truth,” Santos said, according to Cain’s court testimony.

But the second time the officer fired his gun, he shot Santos in the head. The killing of the 12-year-old rocked Dallas and the nation, and resulted in Cain being convicted of murder.

Nearly 50 years later, Dallas police have apologized to Bessie Rodriguez, the mother of Santos and David, for a murder that has long stained the city’s law enforcement.

In a memorial on Saturday at the cemetery where Santos is buried, Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said that the city had not healed “from the loss of Santos and the manner in which we lost Santos.”

An official apology to Rodriguez, 77, was decades overdue, the police chief said.
“In order to heal, those who committed the wrong must be contrite,” he told Rodriguez on the 48th anniversary of Santos’s murder.

“On behalf of the Dallas Police Department, as a father, I am sorry. We are sorry that someone trusted to protect you, someone who wore the same uniform I proudly wear today took your son and took David’s brother away by way of murder.”

The apology came after Rodriguez had pushed for years for police to acknowledge the pain caused by a killing that sparked protests and outrage in Dallas and deepened the divide between law enforcement officials and the city’s Hispanic and Black communities.

Cain, who died in 2019 at 75, was sentenced to five years in prison, but ended up serving only half of his sentence for a murder described by one critic as “one of the worst cases of racism with impunity.”………

Last edited:
From 50 years ago. 2 and a half years

does anyone remember this case? Article says it was nationwide news

it’s my first time hearing about it

and since they’re now admitting how wrong and tragic it was the city or department should pay every penny of the civil damages the family was seeking at the time plus 50 years of interest
==================

Santos and David Rodriguez were handcuffed in a Dallas police car when an officer began to play Russian roulette with the hope of getting them to confess to stealing $8 from a gas station vending machine.

Santos, 12, and David, 13, had been pulled from their beds by Dallas police officer Darrell Cain in the early-morning hours of July 24, 1973.

The White officer had already once pulled the trigger of his .357 Magnum revolver during his interrogation of the Mexican American boys, who said they did not commit the petty theft.

“I am telling the truth,” Santos said, according to Cain’s court testimony.

But the second time the officer fired his gun, he shot Santos in the head. The killing of the 12-year-old rocked Dallas and the nation, and resulted in Cain being convicted of murder.

Nearly 50 years later, Dallas police have apologized to Bessie Rodriguez, the mother of Santos and David, for a murder that has long stained the city’s law enforcement.

In a memorial on Saturday at the cemetery where Santos is buried, Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said that the city had not healed “from the loss of Santos and the manner in which we lost Santos.”

An official apology to Rodriguez, 77, was decades overdue, the police chief said.
“In order to heal, those who committed the wrong must be contrite,” he told Rodriguez on the 48th anniversary of Santos’s murder.

“On behalf of the Dallas Police Department, as a father, I am sorry. We are sorry that someone trusted to protect you, someone who wore the same uniform I proudly wear today took your son and took David’s brother away by way of murder.”

The apology came after Rodriguez had pushed for years for police to acknowledge the pain caused by a killing that sparked protests and outrage in Dallas and deepened the divide between law enforcement officials and the city’s Hispanic and Black communities.

Cain, who died in 2019 at 75, was sentenced to five years in prison, but ended up serving only half of his sentence for a murder described by one critic as “one of the worst cases of racism with impunity.”………

There have been some truly awful things posted in this thread, I don't know why this one is sticking with me

The article doesn't say but I'm curious what life was like for the cop when he was released?

What happened to the brother? Did he become an anti authority career criminal? An lawyer/activist who fought against police abuse?

I'll see if I can find anything

There sure is a lot of trash floating to the top lately. This guy is pure trash...
We'll see if anything other than being terminated will happen. Just so they can get a job at another dept.

I know this is low key compared to most the stuff on this thread, but i didn't want to start a new one just for this.
A homeless man wrongly arrested for a crime committed by someone else and locked up in a mental hospital for over two years was quietly released, recent court documents in Hawaii show.
The more Mr. Spriestersbach vocalized his innocence by asserting that he is not Mr Castleberry, the more he was declared delusional and psychotic by the HSH staff and doctors and heavily medicated,” the petition said. “No one would believe him or take any meaningful steps to verify his identity and determine that what Mr. Spriestersbach was telling the truth – he was not Mr Castleberry,” it added.
priestersbach’s own public defenders refused to believe him, until a hospital psychiatrist finally listened. According to the court document, all it took were a few Google searches and phone calls to confirm that he was on another island when Castleberry was initially arrested.

The real Castleberry on the other hand has been incarcerated in an Alaska prison since 2016.

How terrible police work. The officers, everyone involved in the courts should be fired.

At least he won't be homeless long, I have a feeling he's about to get a payday...

Three D.C. police officers involved in an arrest of a man in Southeast Washington have been suspended and referred for possible criminal prosecution after one of the officers was seen on video repeatedly punching the suspect in the face.

Police Chief Robert J. Contee III told reporters that he was embarrassed and ashamed by what he saw, adding that it was inconsistent with the department’s training, tactics and values.

The chief said officers were arresting the 23-year-old man after they saw a suspected drug transaction and then felt a handgun tucked in the man’s clothing.

“This is not the way we train our members to get illegal firearms off the streets,” Contee said.
The U.S. attorney’s office for the District said in a statement that it is “examining the actions” of the officers.
A spokesman declined to comment further.

The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in the 1500 block of U Street SE, near the Ketcham Recreation Center in Anacostia.

The video was posted on Twitter by @Killmoenews, an account run by a journalist in the D.C. area.

The video shows three officers from the 7th District station surrounding the man, who had his back to a fence. The officers appear to be struggling to detain the man. An officer in the middle of the group uses his left hand to punch the man at least three times in the face and then punches him additional times using his right hand, the video shows. It also appears that a second officer punches him at least once.

The man struggles against the officers, but the video does not show him trying to strike them……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom