Poor Drew Brees is trying to do a chant at halftime vs Broncos (60 Viewers)

He might as well suit up and play, we would probably be better off in that regard.
đź’Ż even if he plays left handed but my guess is he walks around pregame sees the state of the line feels his ribs and says not a chance.

Rattler is our best and only hope he is young so he can take the hits and he can run so that’s about the best we are gonna get.

Will the Dome actually follow along and will the words be on the screen like its karaoke? Broncos fans might drown it out though

The more I think about this, the more I realize it’s going to be goofy in execution. There will be a noticeable delay in the responses, confusion, about 1/3 of the crowd participating, and it just isn’t practical…and this isn’t even factoring in the affect the first half result itself will have on the execution/“want to” from the crowd.

It’s going to sound like half-hearted gibberish. I’m actually pre-embarrassed for Drew with what this is going to be like. It’s hard enough to get 53 people to do this properly after practicing it multiple times, much less tens of thousands of people from all walks of life on a whim with a slight microphone audio delay.

I think it works if he leads it slowly. If he tries to do it at the pace we’ve long heard it at, it’s going to be a nightmare somewhere around “5-6”

I think it works if he leads it slowly. If he tries to do it at the pace we’ve long heard it at, it’s going to be a nightmare somewhere around “5-6”

This was something I thought of when thinking about ways this could be properly executed. I think it does have to be much much slower than the pacing we used to see, but if it goes too slow, now the fun/“get hyped” nature of it is lost.

This was something I thought of when thinking about ways this could be properly executed. I think it does have to be much much slower than the pacing we used to see, but if it goes too slow, now the fun/“get hyped” nature of it is lost.

I agree. I have a feeling it will be mostly muddled till it's time to say "Win" and he'll naturally speed it up and people will shout at the end. At least I hope they will.

If you take it as pure nostalgia, maybe it will be enjoyable too. I wish they would show it for the tv audience as well.

Love Drew and what he did for the Saints. This has disaster all over it. First, attempting to get an entire stadium to keep the same cadence is monumental if an of itself and secondly, if the Saints are losing, it will be that much harder.

Of course, the upside is that fans will stay in the Dome until halftime and if/when the Saints are losing, people will start leaving at the start of the third quarter.

Look I'm going try like heck to pull this chant off, but something tells me the Jack & Cokes before the game is gonna derail it.

We all love Drew and we hope it goes well for him. But, this is what comes to mind when I imagine it. All of us 80s people might remember this movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
Top Bottom