Popeye's Cajun Flounder Sandwich (3 Viewers)

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
More info from Popeyes on the sourcing:

Now, more than a year after the fried chicken frenzy, is there a fried fish sandwich war on the horizon? Popeyes, for its part, says there shouldn't be any inventory issues this time around.

"Our flounder is a responsibly sourced, wild caught fish. Our sourcing follows NOAA standards and goes through regulations to ensure we maintain the species. The population levels of our fish are above normal, and we don’t anticipate running into any inventory issues," the company told TODAY in an email.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I remember Alton Brown mentioning in an episode of Good Eats to beware if anyone in the US is claiming to sell you Dover Sole.
Flat is Beautiful III

Last edited:

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why anyone from Louisiana would eat any type of seafood from any Fast Food joint... Is incomprehensible to me.
That's the way i feel about fast food places anywhere. but the answer is Fast and Cheap.
Do people around here really consider fish seafood? (ok, other than Catfish?)

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If they're calling it flounder, it's probably flounder. There are many species of flounder, some of which are abundant on the west coast.

For example (per NOAA Fisheries):

Arrowtooth flounder: Abundant from Alaska to West Coast. Not overfished. Good choice for sustainable seafood harvest. Harvest includes commercial trawl.

interesting. thanks

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All fish is seafood, but not all water is sea. I propose we switch freshwater food to waterfood for clarity.
Yeah, I mean crawfish really should not be called seafood since they live in fresh water. Although I guess there may be some saltwater species, but I don't know.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean crawfish really should not be called seafood since they live in fresh water. Although I guess there may be some saltwater species, but I don't know.
Yes. They're called lobster (also - languostines).

But while fish is seafood, the garbage at fast food restaurants that they call fish kind of isn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom