PSA - get your colonoscopy (1 Viewer)

rail

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I put mine off until last year at age 50. The doc found and removed two polyps. My Dad ended up putting his off until his 70s - ended up having to have a section of his colon removed.

Good vid below, which prompted this post.

Just go get it done. The prep of the day leading up to it is not fun, but the procedure itself is the easiest thing ever. Dentist trips are harder.

i keep putting it off, but i really need to, especially since i'm 44. history of colon cancer on both sides of my family. my mom had a colonoscopy around labor day and a polyp was removed.

If I remember rightly, if caught early enough, isn't colon cancer one of the easiest to cure/recover from?

If I remember rightly, if caught early enough, isn't colon cancer one of the easiest to cure/recover from?
I'll rely on the med professionals for that answer, but one of the docs from the vid says it is preventable from occurring with proper testing.

I did my first one around 52 or so.
There were 18 polyps and most of them were large.
Thank God they were all benign.

I should have started no later than 45 yo.

i keep putting it off, but i really need to, especially since i'm 44. history of colon cancer on both sides of my family. my mom had a colonoscopy around labor day and a polyp was removed.
Make an appt. today. I've had two and you won't feel anything. I remember waking up from the last one and telling
the nurse you didn't give me enough medication. She laughed and said it's over lol .

97T.gif

FVR.gif

Make an appt. today. I've had two and you won't feel anything. I remember waking up from the last one and telling
the nurse you didn't give me enough medication. She laughed and said it's over lol .
it's the prep i don't want to do lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom