Rams Run Defense Failing, who would have thought? (1 Viewer)

I guess I shouldve included a sarcasm meter on my post...that was a play on what Haslett or Venturi would tell the media on a weekly basis after the run defense got torched..."Hey, if you take away the 56 and 43 yard runs, they wouldve only had 50 yds rushing..."

You wouldnt believe how many times we heard that garbage...sad thing is, they actually believed it.

My bad.. I thought you were being sarcastic, but just wasn't sure. Well played then.

I have a friend who is a huge rams fan. We were discussing the troubles of the rams against the run and he gave more blame to the players. He said that besides Witherspoon and Glover there is no quality in that defense. He said Pisa is good but is often injured.

I immediatelly thought that they can have whoever you want, Kris Jenkins, Marcus Stroudt and John Jefferson, and still, the rams would not be able to stop the run with that system.

I don't know about you guys but I always get a smile on my face when teams try to run to us on first down and there is a one or no yard gain. Something I waited for years and years.

LOL!!! Frick and Frack strike again! Gotta love Haz and Venturi... everytime I see the Guiness comercials I think of those two clowns.

And everybody (in the media) was raving about how good their run defense was when they were playing against teams like Arizona and SF...

Getting rid of Archuleta hurt their defense. He was a hard hitting safety.

Maybe he can get Sully no show to come over and help out that run defense. I'm pretty sure he is out of work now unless he took a job at Mickey Ds for the perks :D

I guess I shouldve included a sarcasm meter on my post...that was a play on what Haslett or Venturi would tell the media on a weekly basis after the run defense got torched..."Hey, if you take away the 56 and 43 yard runs, they wouldve only had 50 yds rushing..."

You wouldnt believe how many times we heard that garbage...sad thing is, they actually believed it.

{LOL} I got it right off.... can hear haslipp now spewing that garbage.
If, could of, should of, well if,

The Rams are yielding 5.0 yards per carry and allowing 141.3 yards per game.

The last 2 years with the Saints the run defense averaged 141 per game. They're right on schedule. At leat the Hazturi Defense is consistent.

brilliant.jpg

I found this on Clanram. They're starting to wonder themselves.

#3 5 Hours Ago
Goldenfleece

I Support:

Re: Was Haslett the right man?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that Haslett was an excellent hire when we got him, and I still do. We got a guy who had moved up through the ranks and had enough success as a defensive coordinator to get a shot as a head coach. And you may have forgotten, but he was named NFL Coach of the Year when he took the Saints to their first playoff win in team history. So he didn't work out as a HC after that; we're still getting a guy with better credentials than most of our other alternatives. Heck, Lovie was a defensive assistant coaching linebackers before we gave him his shot as a DC. We weren't going to be able to just take away a top team's defensive coordinator.Would you prefer we took a chance on some other team's assistant coach instead of picking up a guy with this much experience coaching in the NFL and something to prove? Exactly who were we supposed to sign instead?

Uhhhhh.....I don't know. Maybe Sean Payton?
Man! What were we thinking by hiring an assistant?!

Here's a link to the thread.
Link:
http://www.clanram.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21020

Yea, at the beginning of the year. "Haslett was a great defensive coach in New Orleans, he will be a head coach again soon, just look at what he has done with this Rams defense" ....and then game two happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom