Rams Run Defense Failing, who would have thought? (1 Viewer)

I have a friend who is a huge rams fan. We were discussing the troubles of the rams against the run and he gave more blame to the players. He said that besides Witherspoon and Glover there is no quality in that defense. He said Pisa is good but is often injured.

I immediatelly thought that they can have whoever you want, Kris Jenkins, Marcus Stroudt and John Jefferson, and still, the rams would not be able to stop the run with that system.

I don't know about you guys but I always get a smile on my face when teams try to run to us on first down and there is a one or no yard gain. Something I waited for years and years.

I have to think that if Venturi and Hasbeen had the players from the dome patrol, that teams would still average 5 yards a carry. Even the dolphins, seahawks (with S.A. out) and other teams with average running games.

very very quick and dirty

Attachments

• has-brilliant.jpg
    has-brilliant.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 37
-- Rams Run Defense Failing --
Wed Nov 8, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the most disappointing aspect of the 2006 Rams has been run defense. Despite all the time and money spent rebuilding the defense, the Rams actually are worse against the run this season than they were midway through 2005. The Rams are yielding 5.0 yards per carry and allowing 141.3 yards per game. If those numbers don't improve markedly, it will be a long November and December.

They have also given up 100 points in the last three games.

That defense has the Haslett/Venturi fingerprints all over it.

We warned you.

Thank god he is gone. I would have been unable to watch him another year. Between him and Brooks I was hanging by a thread as far as interest in football goes.

Those guys have a HECKUVA defense

I heard Theismann singing Halett's praises Sunday night.

Does Theismann pay attention?

They gave up 172 yards to Larry Johnson and have been getting gashed consistently. They have also given up 100 points in three games. That is the Haslett/Venturi special.

Still, Joe Theismann is talking up the "great job" Jim Haslett is doing in St. Louis...

very very quick and dirty

Keepoursaints, I forget, which one is the defensive genius? Or, is one the genius and one is just brilliant?

All joking aside, Haz ruined the Steelers defense right before he was hired by the Saints. My buddy is a Steelers fan and he thanked me when the Saints hired Haz. He said that the Saints took Haz off their hands just in time to salvage what was left of what was once the top rated defense (right before Haz took over). Just funny in retrospect. Not our problem any more.

Of course playing Seattle, Denver, Kansas City and San Diego will kind of make a run defense look bad. I'm not saying they are good but just something to keep in mind.

I don't know about you guys but I always get a smile on my face when teams try to run to us on first down and there is a one or no yard gain. Something I waited for years and years.

Agreed! Its been such a nice feeling!

Of course playing Seattle, Denver, Kansas City and San Diego will kind of make a run defense look bad. I'm not saying they are good but just something to keep in mind.

Almost every back they've played against had his to-date season high against them.

Trust what you saw for four years.

I am sure that Haslett and Venturi will correct this in the offseason. They are already scouring NFL Europe, Arena Football, Australian Rules Football, Division I-AA Teams, and top college crime reports for starting linebackers who will help St. Louis stop the run in a division with Shaun Alexander, Frank Gore, and Edgerrin James.

All I can say is believe what you see. Why those goofballs would think hiring him and Venturi would help there defense is just silly. The defensive stats were very consistent while they were here, consistently bad. Did they really think that Haslett would change anything just being a coordinator? Venturi has never in his career done anything at all. Zero, nothing, nada. All I can say is it could not happen to a better guy. Heckuva job coach.

Keepoursaints, I forget, which one is the defensive genius? Or, is one the genius and one is just brilliant?

Not our problem any more.

I think that's a trick question right?

No better words have been spoken than "Not our problem anymore"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom