Rashid Shaheed (groin) to miss a few weeks but will be ready for Week 1 of regular season (2 Viewers)

He’s a rookie, but: There’s a door for AT Perry to walk through now.

Hate the setback for him and the team but glad to know he's expected back for the start of the season.

AT Perry and Speed Shaheed are totally different players.

Losing Shaheed’s speed and explosiveness only hurts, and the Saints don’t have a player that can match it.

It's unfortunate that Shaheed has to miss some preseason time but Olave has top end speed and the ability to be an explosive playmaker.

I don't think there's a player on the roster who can fill the role that is expected of Shaheed as a WR3 but it will get some of these other young guys more opportunities to make their own case for making the team.

I don't think there's a player on the roster who can fill the role that is expected of Shaheed as a WR3 but it will get some of these other young guys more opportunities to make their own case for making the team.
It was probably partially due to injuries, but we ranked 27th when it came to how often we utilized 3+ WR sets. I’m not sure if that is changing this year.

AT Perry and Speed Shaheed are totally different players.

Losing Shaheed’s speed and explosiveness only hurts, and the Saints don’t have a player that can match it.
Agreed, but the Saints have to reshuffle the deck for a month. Reps still have to get doled out.

It was probably partially due to injuries, but we ranked 27th when it came to how often we utilized 3+ WR sets. I’m not sure if that is changing this year.

I expect Shaheed's contribution to go up, regardless, but healthy, on paper, there are going to be a lot of players looking for touches in this offense so your point stands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom