Rattler game 2 solidifies (5 Viewers)

I’m pretty excited for Rattler…let him ride the bench for a few years and learn the NFL way. I think he could definitely be good in the future for us. He seems like he has definitely matured as a person though.

I don’t wanna start him now and ruin the guy. We have Carr, we will be ok.

This guy just proves that he is elite
1.) did you see his sliding ability and how he turned his body mid slide
2.) he cannot control players not catching the ball
3.) he cannot control poor snaps
4.) he has incredible poise And arm strength

If he had an offensive line and wr this guy had an o line and wr he would already be a top 10 qb. Haener’a throws look weak , like drew brees with broken shoulder , rattler flicks his wrist and the ball zips 20 yards
Serious question... are we the dumbest fanbase in the league?

To be honest, San Fran's 4th stringer looked better than either of our backups. I'm not saying they won't improve with experience, but they were average at best on Sunday.

Rattler was going to be next big thing at OU after Baker, Murry, Hurts and he was good his first full starting season.

Then the his 2nd season we had high hopes but I don't know what happened. He regressed a lot.
Couldn't see the field, was running more, threw a lot interceptions. Got benched midseason by Caleb Williams.
Maybe the hype got to him and it was all mental but it was really strange to watch.

But like stated, the arm is there. When he is on, he is very accurate and makes huge throws with little effort.
I'm glad we have and hope he can develop.

If he had an offensive line and wr this guy had an o line and wr he would already be a top 10 qb. Haener’a throws look weak , like drew brees with broken shoulder , rattler flicks his wrist and the ball zips 20 yards
You people are insane. He hasn't proven a thing. In fact, he looked worse in the 2nd game.

How can you say that after two preseason games where he has played with receivers and linemen that will never start in the NFL? You can’t get an idea of what a QB can do unless theyre playing with the 1s and competing against the 1s. Give Rattler Olave and the first string o line instead of Perry and a center that can’t even snap the ball and it’d probably be a lot different.
You just proved why he isn't elite, at least not yet.

It isn't just the fact that Rattler has a very strong arm, it is the fact that he has a quick release to go along with it.

Haener has a pretty quick release also but he just has a funky arm motion that causes him not to have as much zip on the ball...

It is nice that we actually have 2 young QB that have potential.

To be honest, San Fran's 4th stringer looked better than either of our backups. I'm not saying they won't improve with experience, but they were average at best on Sunday.
Tanner Mordecai looked quite impressive...
Strong arm, quick release, quick reads.

His OL also played better than Haener's or Rattler's.

Last edited:

An elite QB will ave have a completion percentage of 70% rattler is 52%

And Elite QB will have a YPA of 7 or more, Rattler 3.9.

Haener is at 61.5% and 7 throwing to the same WRs and behind the same bad line

Rattler's ceiling is a top 10 his floor right now is the practice squad

Haener's ceiling is a top 25 starter his floor right now is a low end #2

1724432861245.png
It sounds like Nowak is saying that Rattler's spot on the roster is guaranteed, but Haener's isn't. If that's what he's saying, then I don't put much credence in Nowak's opinions. Rocket arm QB's are to fans and sports writers what squirrels are to dogs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom