Rattler game 2 solidifies (1 Viewer)

Which has ALWAYS been the rub with him. He has elite arm talent and questionable everything else. Hoping he ends up the best to ever play the game as it will help our team but I expect nothing.
Exactly…The arm talent, grit, & brass balls gunslinger style of play totally get you hyped on what he could be. But the consistency, decision making & accuracy under pressure are a work in progress. & that’s usually what separates back ups, starters & franchise guys. The ability to preform & makes plays under pressure on a consistent basis.

If he had an offensive line and wr this guy had an o line and wr he would already be a top 10 qb. Haener’a throws look weak , like drew brees with broken shoulder , rattler flicks his wrist and the ball zips 20 yards
If alot of teams had all that they would be good too.

He's got all the potential to be what the OP says. I don't see it this year.

He needs experience.
In this offense he doesn't really need that great of a line.. it continuously keeps dline on skates

Rattler and Haener both should be battling for the number 3 spot with the loser of the battle on P.S. Nothing about rattler is even close to elite.
In an ideal situation this would be the case. A veteran at number 2 and a young prospect number 3. Realistically both are practice squad players at this point in their careers.

Exactly…The arm talent, grit, & brass balls gunslinger style of play totally get you hyped on what he could be. But the consistency, decision making & accuracy under pressure are a work in progress. & that’s usually what separates back ups, starters & franchise guys. The ability to preform & makes plays under pressure on a consistent basis.

I agree. But you have to first show that you can make good decisions under pressure and buy time to throw before you can do it consistently. Rattler has the arm and showed in the Arizona game that he can be cool under pressure, make good decisions, make off schedule throws, and buy time or make yards with his feet. He didn't really do that against the 49ers, but he's a work in progress. It's encouraging that he has show the traits to succeed but it will take him some time to show those traits consistently.

So, he has very high upside, but there is still a ways to go with him and sometimes guys don't get there. But, I have some hope that he can at least challenge for the starting job next year and maybe take it in year 3.

In an ideal situation this would be the case. A veteran at number 2 and a young prospect number 3. Realistically both are practice squad players at this point in their careers.

The truth is this season is more or less over if Carr gets hurt for any length of time. Might as well see what one of the young guys can do if that happens. Frankly, I don't think there was an available veteran QB out there that was likely to do much better and maybe you strike gold with Haener or Rattler.

The truth is this season is more or less over if Carr gets hurt for any length of time. Might as well see what one of the young guys can do if that happens. Frankly, I don't think there was an available veteran QB out there that was likely to do much better and maybe you strike gold with Haener or Rattler.
I agree, if Carr goes down we r playing for a draft pick. Hopefully Carr stays healthy and we make it to playoffs and who knows what can happen.

I think this last game proves fans need to chill on the benching Carr for Rattler talk. I’ve said this from the beginning, he MAY be the guy, he does have a certain poise to him, but he’s 1-2 years away from being able to play in real NFL games. And there’s no problem with that, that’s not a knock. He just needs to time to develop.

Lots of room for growth and a tone of potential. HE could / should grow into something special

The positions of Haener & Rattler on the Saints depth chart won't be determined by the way they play in preseason.
It's what they show at the training facility and in the QB Room that matters most.

I agree with this. I’m glad they are allowing the young guys to battle it out for the 2 spot rather than parking a journeyman on the bench in the event Carr gets hurt (which sadly is a higher than normal probability with this o-line).

If Carr does miss any time, let one of the young guys take the reins and hopefully the defense can give them some opportunities to grow into the position without the pressure of having to be in shootouts.

The plan seems to be to roll the dice and see what can happen this season with Carr while also setting up a succession plan at QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom