Reacher: Amazon's Jack Reacher series (1 Viewer)

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
After one somewhat entertaining Jack Reacher movie starring the horribly miscast Tom Cruise, and one not so entertaining movie...Amazon is releasing it's "Reacher" series. The goal is for each season to cover one book in the series (in chronological order, I'd assume), starting with "The Killing Floor." Cast in the part of Jack is Alan Ritchson, who played Hawk in Titans and Aquaman in Smallville. HE looks the part, but he comes off a bit lighthearted, compared to the way I read Reacher's voice. All in all, though, I think it looks to be a pretty good start to the series.

I have read the books, would be happy to see a better version of this. Tom Cruise is like 5'1" and does not at all remind or complete the picture of who Jack Reacher is. I will for sure give the series a shot.

If the quality is comparable to the Jack Ryan series I'll be pretty happy. Just reading the latest (Better Off Dead) book and it's fairly seamless going from Lee's writing to coauthoring with his brother.

I have read the books, would be happy to see a better version of this. Tom Cruise is like 5'1" and does not at all remind or complete the picture of who Jack Reacher is. I will for sure give the series a shot.

Tom Cruise is 5'7" but yeah, nowhere near the physical description of Reacher in the books. I did like the 2 movies, though, and thought he did a good job with it.

If the quality is comparable to the Jack Ryan series I'll be pretty happy. Just reading the latest (Better Off Dead) book and it's fairly seamless going from Lee's writing to coauthoring with his brother.
Andrew is his brother? For some reason, I assumed he was Lee's son. And, yeah...Better off Dead was a pretty good read.

Andrew is his brother? For some reason, I assumed he was Lee's son. And, yeah...Better off Dead was a pretty good read.
I can't wait!! Lee Child decided to do this series and got involved as an executive producer and had his say for casting the lead. I can't find the story or link where he said he wasn't thrilled with Lil' Tommy Cruise buying the rights and starring in the 2 movies previously. I'm hoping this production is solid.

oddly enough, that's pretty close to how i pictured Reacher when i read a few of the books....this actor might be a little too bulky but it's close

and this dude has a future since he's already a better actor than Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise attempting to play someone else

I’m actually pumped about this. Loved the books and the character. The movies were fine I guess.

oddly enough, that's pretty close to how i pictured Reacher when i read a few of the books....this actor might be a little too bulky but it's close

and this dude has a future since he's already a better actor than Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise attempting to play someone else

The dude playing Reacher played a "super hero" who basically was just a good fighter in the DC show Titans on HBO Max. I thought he was pretty good in the role and I would think he should be able to pull this off quite well given his action background.

The dude playing Reacher played a "super hero" who basically was just a good fighter in the DC show Titans on HBO Max. I thought he was pretty good in the role and I would think he should be able to pull this off quite well given his action background.
He was Hawk in Titans... he had a helluva exit from it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom