Reacher: Amazon's Jack Reacher series (3 Viewers)

The Pats-Falcons reference in episode 3...lmao!!!

There is most definitely a Louisianan/Mississippian somewhere in the writers room - between the Zapps, the 28-3 reference, Eudora Welty reference, a character named 'Aucoin' (which they of course butcher into oh-COYN)... there's gotta be a whodat in there somewhere

Did they name the brand? I thought he asked her to name the flavor she was eating, and she laughed and said "Spicy Cajun Crawtators."
They said some other weird Z name, like Zatnuts or something. They got the flavor right, but definitely not the brand. But you can clearly see Zapp's on the bag.

There is most definitely a Louisianan/Mississippian somewhere in the writers room - between the Zapps, the 28-3 reference, Eudora Welty reference, a character named 'Aucoin' (which they of course butcher into oh-COYN)... there's gotta be a whodat in there somewhere
For sure. I love that there's a regional flavor to the show, even if it's not entirely correct. We're starting the 5th episode tonight.

They said some other weird Z name, like Zatnuts or something. They got the flavor right, but definitely not the brand. But you can clearly see Zapp's on the bag.
Oh, no, she was referring to a candy bar. He said that he always wanted the Clark bar because they reminded him of his childhood, and she said she preferred a Zagnut. He said that no one "prefers" a zagnut. Zagnut is a kind of candy bar. I think it's a chocolate bar coated in peanut butter, but I'm not sure.

And, for those who aren't huge fans of the books...the gentleman that Reacher bumps into at the diner as he is walking in near the very end of the season is the author, Lee Child.

Zagnut

A candy bar, one I've never eaten or even seen in a store

I know Zagnut from one place - it appeared in Beetlejuice

For ages I thought it was a fake brand, I thought the same thing about Circle K from Bill & Ted

Last edited:
Oh, no, she was referring to a candy bar. He said that he always wanted the Clark bar because they reminded him of his childhood, and she said she preferred a Zagnut. He said that no one "prefers" a zagnut. Zagnut is a kind of candy bar. I think it's a chocolate bar coated in peanut butter, but I'm not sure.

And, for those who aren't huge fans of the books...the gentleman that Reacher bumps into at the diner as he is walking in near the very end of the season is the author, Lee Child.
Ah then, good catch. I just assumed they were referring to the chips because of the Z and they never mentioned the Zapp's name, but your explanation makes sense.

Here is your little "Reacher easter egg...."

Roscoe hands Jack a Clark bar with her phone number 229-785-8132 on it. Kinda odd that it's not a 555 number. Wonder what would happen if someone called it..........

Ah then, good catch. I just assumed they were referring to the chips because of the Z and they never mentioned the Zapp's name, but your explanation makes sense.

Zapp's is an Utz brand now, so no suprise that the pile of other chips was Utz.

What's up with them calling the brand something else when Zapp's was clearly visible on the packaging? That was weird.
I think the brand she said was a type of candy, as he was talking about the candy bar he likes.

Edit: Yes, zagnut is an actually candy bar.

He asked her the name of the chips, because it sounded silly to him, confirming that she has no taste.

How is Aucoin pronounced? Says the guy from the area where Beauchamp is pronounced Beech-um :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom