Reacher: Amazon's Jack Reacher series (1 Viewer)

Finished up last night (y)(y)

Enjoyed the series. If I remember correctly they did a decent job of following the book as well. My boss loved it but didn’t realize there was a series of books too.

We finished the season last night. Man, I am really happy they made this show and stuck to the character and story. Best adaptation I've seen in a long time.

And, again, Roscoe is hot. Hey, I'm allowed to say that because my wife mentioned how good the show was EVERY TIME Reacher took his shirt off.
Lol, yeah, my wife was so disappointed when the last episode ended. She wanted more, haha. Glad the series is getting a second season.

Alan Ritchson did a Reddit AMA, looks like they already know the book they’re adapting too

1644706435591.png
I hope they go in order within reason. Some books I found okay, some really good and others excellent. I realize my ratings could easily be reversed by another reader.

Just watched the first episode, so I'm not going to go through the thread yet.

I have to say they had me hooked right away by starting off with Howlin' Wolf. And I was ready to be forgiving about a lot because of that, too. Turns out I didn't need to be.
I thought it was a very good episode, well written and good acting. I haven't gotten around to reading the Reacher books yet, just know a good deal about the character from friends who have read them. The guy playing him certainly seems like the character as described to me by my friends. Imposing, no nonsense, somewhat non-empathetic, extremely intelligent, and observant.

I'm going to get around to reading the books shortly now. In the meantime, I will enjoy the series. Then I'll be interested to see how well the show matches the Reacher in the books...but also I will be disappointed if the book isn't laden with blues men references like the episode was.

Man . . . we are huge fans of the books and character. While the movies weren't terrible, the casting choice was obviously questionable. We watched the first 3 episodes last night. Man, THAT is Reacher. Love the casting choice and direction this series is taking.

And Roscoe is freakin smokin hot.

It's amazing how good a tv show or movie can be when they stick to the written material. It's defies logic that studios will take something that was obviously well loved enough that people wanted to see it turned into a show/movie, and then...change it. WHY????? 99% of the time doing this dooms the project, but it keeps happening. Happy they decided to stay faithful. Wife and I both really liked the show.

Anyone come into this with low expectations or a high amount of skepticism and was then pleasantly surprised? The previews have totally turned me off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom