reasons not to draft leonard fournette (1 Viewer)

I heard the best way to get first round talent on your defense is to use your first round picks on it... but who knows, could be from one of those fake news places... :idunno:

And the 2nd/3rd round DE/CB we could get will be as good as Thomas or Barnett/Lattimore or Sidney Jones?? This is why you guys look silly and biased.

I have been an advocate of not drafting him (despite being an LSU homer), I just think we have more pressing needs. But the draft is and always will be a crap shoot.

You can't say one will be better than the other one because none of us truly know how any of these guys will pan out.

There are way too many factors.

I have been an advocate of not drafting him (despite being an LSU homer), I just think we have more pressing needs. But the draft is and always will be a crap shoot.

You can't say one will be better than the other one because none of us truly know how any of these guys will pan out.

There are way too many factors.

Yeah. You could say that about Fournette too. Why not grab the position you actually need and that'll be easier to upgrade because it's so terrible?

Yeah. You could say that about Fournette too. Why not grab the position you actually need and that'll be easier to upgrade because it's so terrible?

I'm with you there, just saying they could just as easily be a bust.

I heard the best way to get first round talent on your defense is to use your first round picks on it... but who knows, could be from one of those fake news places... :idunno:

This doesn't really make a case for us as we've selected defense in the 1st round 7 out of the last 10 times

This doesn't really make a case for us as we've selected defense in the 1st round 7 out of the last 10 times

That's because of this:

aTiz2vH.png

Defense has been, and continues to be a major issue.

Just to clarify, that is Total Yards and Points Per Game.

Why

That's because of this:

aTiz2vH.png

Defense has been, and continues to be a major issue.

If we drafted defense in the first round 7 of the last 10 drafts, continuing to draft the best defensive player available in the first round is proven to be ineffective for us. Why again would RB be the wrong move?

And the 2nd/3rd round DE/CB we could get will be as good as Thomas or Barnett/Lattimore or Sidney Jones?? This is why you guys look silly and biased.
Because I don't agree with your point of view, I'm silly and biased? Okay.

You did make some good points, but you're not the GM, nor will you be making decisions and all of this is just conversation.

Oink

Because I don't agree with your point of view, I'm silly and biased? Okay.

You did make some good points, but you're not the GM, nor will you be making decisions and all of this is just conversation.

Oink

Not because you don't agree, plenty of people have mentioned prospects at pick 11 that I don't agree with. They have legitimate reasons for liking the prospect, I just don't have the same views. That's a situation I can debate and understand the opposite stance. This one player is what I think is nonsense. If Fournette went anywhere but LSU, he would be on no one's draft board. If any other team's fans viewed this board and saw that Saints fans were clamoring for a RB instead of a defensive BPA, they'd laugh their *** off.

Not because you don't agree, plenty of people have mentioned prospects at pick 11 that I don't agree with. They have legitimate reasons for liking the prospect, I just don't have the same views. That's a situation I can debate and understand the opposite stance. This one player is what I think is nonsense. If Fournette went anywhere but LSU, he would be on no one's draft board. If any other team's fans viewed this board and saw that Saints fans were clamoring for a RB instead of a defensive BPA, they'd laugh their *** off.
You have no clue what people would be thinking. You're projecting that.

You have no clue what people would be thinking. You're projecting that.

How many on this forum wanted Elliot last year? Equally as talented an RB prospect and not an LSU alum. I don't remember a single thread.

Just told my friend that is a die hard Colts fan that Louisianians want Fournette in the 1st round. His response: "Lololol"

How many on this forum wanted Elliot last year? Equally as talented an RB prospect and not an LSU alum. I don't remember a single thread.

Just told my friend that is a die hard Colts fan that Louisianians want Fournette in the 1st round. His response: "Lololol"
Well, why didn't you just say that in the first place.

I stand corrected

No one on this thread, to my knowledge, has insinuated that the Saints defense could be the 85 Bears with one draft. What people are calling for, is fielding an NFL caliber defense. That is something the Saints haven't done for 3 years and it's made an elite offense 7-9.

I would argue that Leonard Fournette is not an upgrade to Mark Ingram at all. But for the sake of arguing, do you REALLY think he's a bigger upgrade to Ingram that what we could upgrade at any of the 3 levels of this defense? If so, you're definitely biased. That's ultimately the reality here.. If you think a RB will be a bigger upgrade to our top 10 NFL RB than a BPA on defense would be to our bottom 3 NFL D, you've clearly got too much invested into the RB..
"Nfl caliber defense."

It's a joke really how Saints fans can still be so obsessed with defense when the team had it's two most winning seasons with defenses ranked 24th or worse.

I literally hear this ever year from the usual suspects. It's ridiculous that in stead of focusing on making your best weapon ((Brees) better which is the easiest route to the super bowl people here still are somehow conviced that defense is somehow more important to this team.

The Saints are closer to being as good as the Falcons on offense than they are to being a top 15 Defense. My money is with offense.

Every team in history that had scored at least 500 points in a season has made the playoffs regardless of their defense. Every single one.

I wont even dignify the assertion that Fournette isnt better than Ingram. At this point it seems that
You would say anything to justify not taking him in rd one and that comment just proves it.

I dont know if you were around for the Jonathan Sullivan fiasco or the Stanley Jean Baptiste pick over guys like Allen Robinson and Gabe Jackson but hopefully you can envision what a failed enterprise drafting and reaching purely for need gets you.

And if the question is if I would take a Duece Mcallister type player in rd one over a Tracy Porter or Kikaha then, yes I would.

"Nfl caliber defense."

It's a joke really how Saints fans can still be so obsessed with defense when the team had it's two most winning seasons with defenses ranked 24th or worse.

I literally hear this ever year from the usual suspects. It's ridiculous that in stead of focusing on making your best weapon ((Brees) better which is the easiest route to the super bowl people here still are somehow conviced that defense is somehow more important to this team.

The Saints are closer to being as good as the Falcons on offense than they are to being a top 15 Defense. My money is with offense.

Every team in history that had scored at least 500 points in a season has made the playoffs regardless of their defense. Every single one.

I wont even dignify the assertion that Fournette isnt better than Ingram. At this point it seems that
You would say anything to justify not taking him in rd one and that comment just proves it.

I dont know if you were around for the Jonathan Sullivan fiasco or the Stanley Jean Baptiste pick over guys like Allen Robinson and Gabe Jackson but hopefully you can envision what a failed enterprise drafting and reaching purely for need gets you.

And if the question is if I would take a Duece Mcallister type player in rd one over a Tracy Porter or Kikaha then, yes I would.

i feel u. Id trade back and target an Alvin Kamara and Evan Engram. Defense still needs help tho bro. however 99% chance in non armchair GM world you take Fournette. Hands down

If Fournette went anywhere but LSU, he would be on no one's draft board. .

sorry, but no. He was clocked at 22.9 mph on a 76 yd td run against a SEC defense. I don't care if you play for Harvard or Slippery Rock,you
are going to be very high on NFL draft boards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom