Recommendations needed: what to do with my 13 year old son in the quarter while Wife and daughter are at Taylor Swift? (7 Viewers)

SWJJ

MOAR BINK BALL
Reaction score
Probably dropping them off at the dome 4:30 ish. Picking them up after around 11:30.

First time in NOLA with the kids outside of youth sports.

He’s into music, but are there any all age shows in the quarter on a Saturday?

We really have time to go anywhere in the surrounding area, but what’s good for a 13 year old dude down there (or nearby)?

Probably dropping them off at the dome 4:30 ish. Picking them up after around 11:30.

We really have time to go anywhere in the surrounding area, but what’s good for a 13 year old dude down there (or nearby)?
If you’re cool with walking, I’d recommend hopping the Ferry and bopping around Algiers Point
Barracuda is an outdoor seating taco restaurant
There’s also pizza and burgers in that area
It will get you out of the crush of humanity and the Ferry gives a great view of the city

If he actually wants the crowds, then a stroll on Bourbon will probably make an impression on him, then you can head over to Frenchman- there should be plenty of music there even if you can’t get in to the clubs

If you’re cool with walking, I’d recommend hopping the Ferry and bopping around Algiers Point
Barracuda is an outdoor seating taco restaurant
There’s also pizza and burgers in that area
It will get you out of the crush of humanity and the Ferry gives a great view of the city

If he actually wants the crowds, then a stroll on Bourbon will probably make an impression on him, then you can head over to Frenchman- there should be plenty of music there even if you can’t get in to the clubs
I’ve stayed at Algiers Point and taken the Ferry a few time for Saints games. Haven’t eaten at Barracuda before so that maybe a good idea. Wife asked me not to take him to Bourbon, and I’ve always preferred Frenchman over Bourbon anyways, but it’s usually all adults so we may head over there.

Appreciate the recommends!

I’ve stayed at Algiers Point and taken the Ferry a few time for Saints games. Haven’t eaten at Barracuda before so that maybe a good idea. Wife asked me not to take him to Bourbon, and I’ve always preferred Frenchman over Bourbon anyways, but it’s usually all adults so we may head over there.

Obviously respect your wife’s wishes but as you probably know the street itself is not all that salacious (it’s the clubs) now obviously he might spy something through the doors y’all might not want him to
Also
I imagine with legions of Swifties on the march, bourbon won’t be like it normally is

Fulton St Bowling Alley...if video games, Dave n Busters by Dome.

Or DDay Museum. Altho I don't know time it closes. NM closes at 5pm.

You could also run uptown to Rock nBowl ( not far) and tonite is 80s night with Stranger Things dance party. That should be fun.

WW2 museum, Cabildo museum, Natchez steamboat cruise (there's a jazz band)

Frenchmen street will probably have street musicians.

If you opt for Frenchman, take him over to Electric Ladyland and get him a tattoo.

j/k of course

Go all Depeche Mode and give in to sin, because you have to make this life livable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom