Relax, we will rebound in Week 4 and beyond (34 Viewers)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
I warned this week this was a terrible spot for the Saints with the Eagles losing at the last second on Monday. It was a prime letdown opportunity, and if we don’t lose our OL, we probably still win.

This is the NFL. We weren’t going undefeated. The Bucs got blasted by an 0-2 team today. We are still tied for the division.

The Falcons game will be a completely different setup. Trust me.

I'm sure a lot of folks said that after the Green Bay collapse in week 3 last year. Fumbling games that are gift-wrapped to you will always come back to bite you.

Even more concerning, our head coach is showing the same flaws with a lack of game awareness with his playcalling in end-of-game situations. The 3rd and 16 play-call was wildly bad and goes to show that he still continues to lack fundamental awareness late in games.

In the standings are we really that hurt? Probably not. But it's a greater concern that we aren't showing growth in that area.

I'm sure a lot of folks said that after the Green Bay collapse in week 3 last year. Fumbling games that are gift-wrapped to you will always come back to bite you.

Even more concerning, our head coach is showing the same flaws with a lack of game awareness with his playcalling in end-of-game situations. The 3rd and 16 play-call was wildly bad and goes to show that he still continues to lack fundamental awareness late in games.
Whatever. I put my money where my mouth is and bet the Eagles today. I won’t be on the Falcons.

Whatever. I put my money where my mouth is and bet the Eagles today. I won’t be on the Falcons.

I don't understand how you addressed my points. How does flexing about being right about your pre-game predictions add to the conversation?

I don't understand how you addressed my points. How does flexing about being right about your pre-game predictions add to the conversation?
Have you not figured out by now that I don’t care about on paper discussions? Situations are far more predictive, which is why I never play the math-up game when betting.

This week was a bad spot. Next week isn’t. I know people want it to be more complicated, but it’s not.

All true! Nonetheless, i really dislike the way we capitulated at the end. Defensively taking out our own players and allowing them essentially a free score.

Offensively a bad throw / bad decision gave them an easy out at the end of the game.

These are both the things that have plagued us in the past couple years, and have cost us chances at the playoffs.

First chance to shown otherwise this season, once again an abysmal failure.

We will have more chances to prove other wise, important to bounce back next week!

Have you not figured out by now that I don’t care about on paper discussions? Situations are far more predictive, which is why I never play the math-up game when betting.

This week was a bad spot. Next week isn’t. I know people want it to be more complicated, but it’s not.

I'm really confused. I'm not really talking about betting. I know you love your tea-leaves and your angles when it comes to betting, but my post was addressing the glaring issues with this team. So, sure.. I guess you're feeling good about things when it comes to beating the Falcons next week, that's awesome.

But there are reasons to be concerned about this team under it's current leadership when they can't close out gift-wrapped games like this.

My biggest concern with this team is the head coaches lack of situational football awareness late in games. If he calls a fundamentally responsible play on 3rd and 16, we likely win the game regardless of what the angle that anyone was predicting thoughout the week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom