Report: NFL considers playoff changes due to Bills/Bengals (Update: Owners approve league proposal limited to AFC changes) (1 Viewer)

That would mean the NFL would have to refund ESPN some $$$ for lost advertising revenue. You must be new here cause the NFL owners don’t do refunds. If they add an additional playoff team to field that would mean more $$$ in their pockets. Now that makes more $$$ sense to the owners.
It probably won’t happen but I would not be shocked if it did.
Yes, I’m new here, lol.

And in one breath you say they don’t do refunds, insinuating they are going to add a playoff team. And then you say that it probably won’t happen.

Yes, I’m new here, lol.

And in one breath you say they don’t do refunds, insinuating they are going to add a playoff team. And then you say that it probably won’t happen.
I guess I’m just like the NFL right now….don’t have a clue about what to do.

I guess I’m just like the NFL right now….don’t have a clue about what to do.

Me: Adding a 17th game to the season is unnecessary and determent to the players safety and health!

also me adding an 8th playoff team just for this year keeps the Saints slim chance of a playoff game alive:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If they do declare the game a no contest then adding an 8th team to playoffs does nothing. The three teams involved are already in the playoffs so you would still have to go with win percentage to determine seeding. All adding an 8th team will do is give off the perception that the NFL used a player's life threatening injury as an excuse to add extra playoff games to generate revenue.

If they do declare the game a no contest then adding an 8th team to playoffs does nothing. The three teams involved are already in the playoffs so you would still have to go with win percentage to determine seeding. All adding an 8th team will do is give off the perception that the NFL used a player's life threatening injury as an excuse to add extra playoff games to generate revenue.
The idea is that the #1 seed gets a bye, and both the Bills/Bengals had a shot at it. Adding a #8 seed eliminates the bye, so makes some sort of a compromise (we don't know who deserves it, so no one gets it).

They may do this to make up for a lost game on ESPN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom