Report: Serious concerns about DT Dorsey (1 Viewer)

I'd definitely take him. It could happen also. It happens almost every year. He could be the Matt Leinart/Brady Quinn of this year. Ok ok i know hes not a QB.. :p But. It could happen.

Those players slid, and now we know it was for good reason...so thats not exaclty a good example. If Dorsey nose dives, I think we will take him because Loomis has expressed the need for a DT. But it wouldn't be crazy if we passed on him. If he is slipping its for a valid reason.

I'd love to have him. I think the injuries will be fine. This was probably just information put out by a team trying to kill his draft stock so they can get him.

Those players slid, and now we know it was for good reason...so thats not exaclty a good example. If Dorsey nose dives, I think we will take him because Loomis has expressed the need for a DT. But it wouldn't be crazy if we passed on him. If he is slipping its for a valid reason.

I'd love to have him. I think the injuries will be fine. This was probably just information put out by a team trying to kill his draft stock so they can get him.

Wouldn't stop every one of us LSU fans on here to go into a blind rage.:hihi:

He's a tough guy. He's one of the most talented guys in the draft. But, if you're going to draft a guy that high and pay him all that money, you need to be very confident his injuries are at the very least fixable. It doesn't get easier in the NFL and a knee concern combined with a broken leg on a 300 pound plus guy is not a good thing.

He had this injury in 2006 and played for two seasons after it healed. I don't get it.

Just saw an interview on NFLN with him, he's definitely not working out. The leg injury was brought up as a reason, but alos said it mostly had to do with his grandmother's passing and therefore not being in the best shape since he had been grieving and not working out.

Please don't compare Branch to Dorsey. Branch on his best day couldn't hold Dorsey's jock on Dorsey's worst day. Branch was/is a wide body that clogged up the middle. Dorsey is much more dynamic and more of a Warren Sapp-type DT.

I luv LSU just as any non LSU student can but you've got to be realistic about this. If this guy is injured, like last years pick, do you really take a chance at the 10 spot?

Watch the Auburn game, then every game afterwards, and tell us would you take a chance on him?

Just a guess but it appears a few teams just might be engineering a drop for Dorsey. Maybe a team somewhere in the 5-9 range. I'm looking at you New Engalnd Patriots......

dream draft

1. Glen Dorsey
2. Dan Conner

first day picks

That's interesting... they said much of the same thing about Deuce before the saints drafted him... he was considered to be injury -prone and was not durable enough to play in the NFL and we all know how that turned out.

That's interesting... they said much of the same thing about Deuce before the saints drafted him... he was considered to be injury -prone and was not durable enough to play in the NFL and we all know how that turned out.

I'm the biggest Deuce fan in the world, but he did miss 2 of the last 3 seasons with injuries, right?

I for one would be concerned by these reports. They don't come up out of nowhere. I know the guy's from LSU and all, but if this turns out to be another Sullivan it would set us back for years.

I would be ecstatic if he dropped.
Can we start rumors about him so he drops? I've heard he has cooties.

I am interested in knowing what are the long term concerns. Does a hair-line fracture not heal? He has been playing on it for 2 years.

Also the Dorsey/Sully comparisons are unfounded. There is a huge difference between having a possible injured to being fat, useless, and lazy. Comparing Dorsey to the Burger Monster is an insult.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom