Report: Serious concerns about DT Dorsey (2 Viewers)

I'm not an LSU homer by any stretch, but if he somehow falls to 10, you gotta take him... Can't see it happening though.

Well, to be fair Sullivan didn't have the reputation for being fat and lazy until he showed up in New Orleans and got his money. Sullivan never had the motor that Dorsey has, but his work ethic was not thought to be an issue. That's simply a case of a guy getting paid millions and losing the desire to earn it after he already cashed the check.

Well, to be fair Sullivan didn't have the reputation for being fat and lazy until he showed up in New Orleans and got his money. Sullivan never had the motor that Dorsey has, but his work ethic was not thought to be an issue. That's simply a case of a guy getting paid millions and losing the desire to earn it after he already cashed the check.
While Sullivan wasn't known strictly as "lazy" he was a one year wonder, a guy who "put it together" for only one season and then immediately entered the NFL draft. That's a typical red flag that's developed for defensive linemen since then. It's too easy to "get motivated" for one season.

One of the big reasons to get excited about Dorsey is he's put in top effort for multiple years now. You can feel confident in his work ethic.

If you have any concerns about Dorsey's injury, just watch the BCS Title Game...

He was constantly double-teamed and sometimes even triple-teamed and still provided a constant pass rush and did not allow Boeckman to step up in the pocket allowing blitzers to tee off on him or force bad throws. He also tipped a few passes and wreaked havoc in the run game. Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, and the NFL network guys said that performance was the best performance by a DT they had ever seen...all of them said that when talking about Dorsey.

If he falls to 10, we have have have to take him. I have watched him closely for the last 3 years and even when he backed up Kyle Williams and Claude Wroten(who were both drafted) I though he was our best DT.

Point noted.

However I was commenting on the poster saying essentially that he was worried that Dorsey would turn into a Sully. I took that as comparing the post draft Sully to the possibility of drafting Dorsey i.e. lack of production because he turned into a fat, lazy, pink Pokémon to a potentially injured Dorsey. Not a fair comparison on any level IMO.

If you have any concerns about Dorsey's injury, just watch the BCS Title Game...

He was constantly double-teamed and sometimes even triple-teamed and still provided a constant pass rush and did not allow Boeckman to step up in the pocket allowing blitzers to tee off on him or force bad throws. He also tipped a few passes and wreaked havoc in the run game. Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, and the NFL network guys said that performance was the best performance by a DT they had ever seen...all of them said that when talking about Dorsey.

I doubt they said that, mostly because that's a gross exaggeration of how the BCS game went for Dorsey.

I'm the biggest Deuce fan in the world, but he did miss 2 of the last 3 seasons with injuries, right?

I for one would be concerned by these reports. They don't come up out of nowhere. I know the guy's from LSU and all, but if this turns out to be another Sullivan it would set us back for years.

How many years has Deuce been playing in the NFL? Seven years and made it to the pro bowl at least twice.

The average time for an NFL player is 3 years, especially for running backs. Plus whose to say that his NFL career is over.

So your facts are unfounded.

This is the kinda stuff you love to hear, I love when these scouts totally forget about the type of player they are and focus more on the negatives...nobody is perfect everybody that came into this league had a Pro's and Con's list, what mattered and what will always matter is how they play on the field, let him slide to #10 because of a injury that didnt stop him from playing in and becoming a Natl champ and recieving award after award for being the best if not top defensive player of the year....come on back to the NO Dorsey!

No, they all said it. Just yesterday, when the dorsey injury concerns came out the NFL network guys(Eisen, Dukes, Mayock, and ___) said that was the best performance by a DT they had ever seen.

Now, it may be a slight exaggeration, but they did say that. Kiper said it back before the Senior Bowl, McShay said it on ESPNews 2 weeks ago. Not all of them said it in those exact words, but it was implied by all and directly said by McShay.

No, they all said it. Just yesterday, when the dorsey injury concerns came out the NFL network guys(Eisen, Dukes, Mayock, and ___) said that was the best performance by a DT they had ever seen.

Now, it may be a slight exaggeration, but they did say that. Kiper said it back before the Senior Bowl, McShay said it on ESPNews 2 weeks ago. Not all of them said it in those exact words, but it was implied by all and directly said by McShay.

How disappointing on their part then.

While Sullivan wasn't known strictly as "lazy" he was a one year wonder, a guy who "put it together" for only one season and then immediately entered the NFL draft. That's a typical red flag that's developed for defensive linemen since then. It's too easy to "get motivated" for one season.

One of the big reasons to get excited about Dorsey is he's put in top effort for multiple years now. You can feel confident in his work ethic.
I am not sure of the specifics, but the year he came out I chalked his lack of playing time up to depth at UGA. This was at a time when UGA was cranking out quality D-Linemen at a fast clip. Lots of guys from those couple of years are in the NFL now, IIRC.

I am interested in knowing what are the long term concerns. Does a hair-line fracture not heal? He has been playing on it for 2 years.

Also the Dorsey/Sully comparisons are unfounded. There is a huge difference between having a possible injured to being fat, useless, and lazy. Comparing Dorsey to the Burger Monster is an insult.

This is what I don't get about the alleged Dorsey injury. If it is in fact, a fracture, the injury would have healed. I fractured the greature tuberosity in my shoulder and my orthopedic physician advised that this bone is stronger than ever. One should recover quite well from a hairline fracture. A displaced fracture, or dislocation, is another matter.

If he's at #10 and we don't take him.......oh man, I'll flip out!!!!!!

This kid played his (you know what) off in the Bowl game. He played better than most other's in the NCAA and he wasn't even 100%.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom