Robert Meachem 27th pick (1 Viewer)

he's proven as much as anyone eligible in the draft this year. by far.

Very interesting comment. Maybe the front office was looking ahead to this year with its relatively weak class of wide receivers. That could be giving them too much credit. However, they missed the boat for last year by not drafting defense. The 2006 defense seems to have overachieved, and the front office did not recognize it. The need to replace Joe Horn apparently superseded the greater need for shoring up the defense.

What IF this kid turns out to be better than Colston? You never know.
He could turn out to be special. The jury is still out. I could not answer the question without seeing him play.

I want to answer this question after the season is over. I do think we needed defense, but Meachem might have been too good to pass up. Saints either didn't do due diligence with his injury, or it was worse than anyone knew.

It's pretty clear to me that the Saints misevaluated the condition of Meachem's knee, otherwise threy wouldn't have picked him where they did b/c nobody picks a first rounder so that he can undergo a medical redshirt for his rookie season. That said, I think it takes about 3 years to properly evaluate a draft choice. He might turn out to be productive this year, and it's still quite possible that one day he will be an impact player in the NFL. I didn't like what I saw of him in preseason last year, but I have to assume that his injury had a lot to do with that. So, I just have to hope that he's fully healthy now and will be a different player this year. I do not, however, expect him to have a huge year just b/c he still lacks experience. But if he can catch about 50 passes for around 750 yards, that would be a good start.

it seems the the FO always thinks this team is in a better place than it is. just like alot of people think trading up in this years draft to get ellis would be a good idea even if it means we loose a 3rd.

Because getting a pocket collapsing DT is what we need the most, and if it means losing a 3rd, then so be it.

we didn't need a WR....we took best available.....we thought we were at circuit city but we found out we were at wal-mart.............gotta hate that!

We didn't need a WR? You wanta rethink that?

We had/have Colston, a 3rd stringer in Devery, a Journeyman in Patten who is about to retire, and Lance Moore. Then theres primarily STer Copper.

WR was a big need last year and it would of been again this year had we not taken Meachem.

Meach is going to be real good and he is better than any WR in this years draft so get your oven's warmed up and put in the humble pie because it is going to be needed around here come the middle of the season IMO.

Of course I am an optimist when it comes to our players.

I look at it like we have 2 first round picks this year... we just happened to pick up one last year. I have high hopes for Meach and I am confident that he will deliver this year. At least by this time next year we will all know how it turns out... since he should at least be on the field this season.

BTW... I still would pick RM.

Greg Olsen, Paul Posluzny, or Eric Weddle.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Puz was doing great 'til he broke his arm...Weddle had a great rookie year and intercepted Manning in the playoffs.

Because getting a pocket collapsing DT is what we need the most, and if it means losing a 3rd, then so be it.

Thank you! :9:

Getting a hoss DT would make our pass rush more potent, AND it would help our LB's be much better than they could without a dominant DT.

Thank you! :9:

Getting a hoss DT would make our pass rush more potent, AND it would help our LB's be much better than they could without a dominant DT.

There are more then 2 DT's in this draft. There are several others that could be just as good in the NFL that can be had in the 2nd-3rd round.

There are more then 2 DT's in this draft. There are several others that could be just as good in the NFL that can be had in the 2nd-3rd round.

I know, bonchie, but considering the importance of a DT that is pretty much a shoe in to be the next Marcus Stroud or the next Richard Seymour as Ellis and Dorsey seem to be, it's worth the risk.

And I know.......trading up two 1st rounders to get Sullivan, and now he's stocking shelves at a Toys R Us somewhere. :1zhelp: :covri:

weddle would be a fixture in our 2ndary for years,,would have been my pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom