Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (4 Viewers)

It's Allens job to make the decision as hard as possible. A 3-4 game winning streak to end the season along with a playoff birth and competitive outing even if we lose should be enough.
I agree. We'll cross that bridge when it happens. I mean, winning cures all. Lol.

You have to be good to be that guy. Being average and acting like Clint Eastwood doesn’t work.
I don’t care about a guys personality, yes it would be great to have beaver cleaver with mahommes talent to lead your team, but these guys are paid to play. Give me a winning qb with a bad attitude and I’m happy. Choosing players by how they interact with the press is not a good game plan.

I don’t care about a guys personality, yes it would be great to have beaver cleaver with mahommes talent to lead your team, but these guys are paid to play. Give me a winning qb with a bad attitude and I’m happy. Choosing players by how they interact with the press is not a good game plan.
Carr is not a winning QB. He’s not an inspiring QB. He doesn’t have moxie.

Carr is not a winning QB. He’s not an inspiring QB. He doesn’t have moxie.
So what it’s his play we should focus on is all I’m saying. So long as he isn’t breaking any laws. Plus we don’t have the best sports reporters.

It's Allens job to make the decision as hard as possible. A 3-4 game winning streak to end the season along with a playoff birth and competitive outing even if we lose should be enough.
I often find myself agreeing with your takes EJW. And I'm afraid you're probably right on this one too, even though I absolutely SEETHE at the notion!

Has DA even won 3-4 games in a row....EVER...during his HC career? That's the problem, IMO. We've seen enough of DA to know who he is. And yet, if he does something he's never done before (win 4 games in a row?), he gets 1 more season to determine if he is/isn't what he's already demonstrated, time and time again. I can't take it, and all the BS that comes with it. "Keep chopping wood" and "keep doing what you're already doing" AIN'T WORKING, and it's become blatantly obvious that it's the ONLY tool he has to work with.

And yet, I fear you are correct. DA will probably be retained, and PC will be the sacrificial lamb to be replaced. But the fact that DA could have, but didn't, make this move during the bye week tells me that HE needs to go too. He's just not willing to make the tough decisions in search of glory, and doesn't seem to be able to adjust on the fly.

We have given this man EVERYTHING he asked for. And nothing has changed. Now we're probably going to force him to replace his OC, and hope THAT makes a difference. At what point do the Saints acknowledge that a change needs to be made at the HC position? I'll buy the argument that DA was the right hire at that time (i don't think he was, but I understand the argument, so I can buy it).....but if I buy that argument (and the logic utilized to lead to that conclusion), then surely the Saints must apply that same logic in the same manner, and conclude that DA is NOT the man for the job today?!

He IS what he has always been...a very good DC with multiple teams.....but a terrible HC with multiple teams. End of rant...

I often find myself agreeing with your takes EJW. And I'm afraid you're probably right on this one too, even though I absolutely SEETHE at the notion!

Has DA even won 3-4 games in a row....EVER...during his HC career? That's the problem, IMO. We've seen enough of DA to know who he is. And yet, if he does something he's never done before (win 4 games in a row?), he gets 1 more season to determine if he is/isn't what he's already demonstrated, time and time again. I can't take it, and all the BS that comes with it. "Keep chopping wood" and "keep doing what you're already doing" AIN'T WORKING, and it's become blatantly obvious that it's the ONLY tool he has to work with.

And yet, I fear you are correct. DA will probably be retained, and PC will be the sacrificial lamb to be replaced. But the fact that DA could have, but didn't, make this move during the bye week tells me that HE needs to go too. He's just not willing to make the tough decisions in search of glory, and doesn't seem to be able to adjust on the fly.

We have given this man EVERYTHING he asked for. And nothing has changed. Now we're probably going to force him to replace his OC, and hope THAT makes a difference. At what point do the Saints acknowledge that a change needs to be made at the HC position? I'll buy the argument that DA was the right hire at that time (i don't think he was, but I understand the argument, so I can buy it).....but if I buy that argument (and the logic utilized to lead to that conclusion), then surely the Saints must apply that same logic in the same manner, and conclude that DA is NOT the man for the job today?!

He IS what he has always been...a very good DC with multiple teams.....but a terrible HC with multiple teams. End of rant...
Last year was DA’s first and only 3-game winning streak, winning 3 of the last 4. On paper, he has a shot to do it again this year.

Well, it depends on what's necessary. Him not being that type of coach didn't stop him from building a top 10 defense the last 3-4 years.
DA was under the same Sean Payton thumb the players were under. So was Pete. Payton was super demanding. How much of the 2022 defense is residual from the Payton years and it seems like it's starting to slip now.

The year he was DC for Denver in 2011 they were 24th in team defense. When he was the Raiders HC, Raiders defenses were ranked 28th in 2012, 29th in 2013, and went to 32nd the year here was fired.

I'm not saying he's terrible, but his record without Payton is shaky

This contract, Loomis' drafting and our coaching are going to plunge this organisation back to the despair of the 70's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom