Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (1 Viewer)

Ok, so he's a mediocre QB on his second team because he wasn't good enough on his first team. Was that supposed to make the Saints a winner? How was he supposed to come improve what we were also terrible at last year? How was he supposed to overcome bad play design and play calling? How come nearly nobody else on this team has shown an ounce of improvement under these coaches?

So it's not excuses for Carr, it's setting the record straight about who he is, what the expectation should have been and who is responsible for it. The answers are that he is a mid QB, the expectation should have been roughly Dalton level play and who is responsible for it and much much more are the coaches and the GM. He's not stealing money here. He's being paid market value for a mid QB. That his contract is hard on the team because THEY missed on a free agent signing and manage the cap in a completely inflexible way is a problem of THEIR own making, it's not on Carr.
If he wanted to go the stealing money route he’d just be doing what michael thomas is. Carr’s play has been middle of the road at best, but you can’t say he’s just collecting a paycheck and going home. if he wanted to check out he would have done it 2 injuries ago.

If he wanted to go the stealing money route he’d just be doing what michael thomas is. Carr’s play has been middle of the road at best, but you can’t say he’s just collecting a paycheck and going home. if he wanted to check out he would have done it 2 injuries ago.
At least Thomas produced at an elite level for a few years. Carr :saywhat:

At least Thomas produced at an elite level for a few years. Carr :saywhat:
what you did for 5 seasons doesn’t allow you to sit out every year… they didn’t pay him for what he did, they paid him for what they thought he’d do for the life of his contract.

Carr is trying and shouldn’t be blamed for signing a contract he was offered, who wouldn’t take the money? The blame falls squarely on the people who paid him. Idk but I would’ve never paid him more than Dalton was getting.

Carr is trying and shouldn’t be blamed for signing a contract he was offered, who wouldn’t take the money? The blame falls squarely on the people who paid him. Idk but I would’ve never paid him more than Dalton was getting.
Yes, of course. And, Carr being a douche to teammates, media, and fans falls on him.

what you did for 5 seasons doesn’t allow you to sit out every year… they didn’t pay him for what he did, they paid him for what they thought he’d do for the life of his contract.
He's hurt. It's funny how feelings ebb and flow about Thomas on the board. One week he's a team leader, the next he's scum.

Yes, of course. And, Carr being a douche to teammates, media, and fans falls on him.
He’s an athlete not a media personality. I don’t think Belicheck or Tom Brady were great personalities when losing either and now it looks like Mahommes fits that mold too. I want a player I don’t care how he responds to questions I think that should be left out of the equation. Although I do not want a qb who is beating women or getting in other legal trouble.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
He’s an athlete not a media personality. I don’t think Belicheck or Tom Brady were great personalities when losing either and now it looks like Mahommes fits that mold too. I want a player I don’t care how he responds to questions I think that should be left out of the equation. Although I do not want a qb who is beating women or getting in other legal trouble.
You have to be good to be that guy. Being average and acting like Clint Eastwood doesn’t work.

Zion Williamson was destroyed by the media for having a bad game... still getting destroyed...

this is how he handled it....

How the team leader responds matters.

Some of yall are still missing the biggest of our problems. 🦌, Ole Sneaky Pete, and most of our coaching staff needs to go. There is no good reason why we should still be stuck in neutral, from last year, with all of the talent that we have, with this schedule the Football Gods decided to grace us with. Get rid of what is plaguing us and that is 🦌 and his band of misfits

He has a $52 million cap number in 2024. It will get restructured preventing us from moving off of the contract for at least an additional year.
That's possible, but I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion. I'm pretty sure I read the team could cut him after year 2 without taking too much of a hit (its a hit, but manageable). I'd have to go find it though.

That's possible, but I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion. I'm pretty sure I read the team could cut him after year 2 without taking too much of a hit (it’s a hit, but manageable). I'd have to go find it though.
My mistake it’s $53 if we cut him. It’s $36 if we don’t restructure. I still think it’ll be tough to move on from him before 2026 though. So many void years to pay for coming up soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom