Saints Defense is regressing before our eyes!!!! (5 Viewers)

The 5th round Qb played 1 game and somehow u decided to throw him in? Carr was the started the entire time. Mention him and how he looked
That was more me pointing out the state of the team right now (no running game, no dominant receiving threats, and a 5th round rookie having to start in those conditions) than an insult towards Rattler. I did say we struggled the last four games, only one of which was started by Rattler.

That was more me pointing out the state of the team right now (no running game, no dominant receiving threats, and a 5th round rookie having to start in those conditions) than an insult towards Rattler. I did say we struggled the last four games, only one of which was started by Rattler.
Ok it’s because u stated all 4 games but I got it. It’s just wasn’t fair to him. He tried to pull out a miracle. I personally believe Kubiak has issues adjusting.

Our defense doesn't seem prepared to handle bruisers who need extra hands to bring down.

Need to emphasize when group tackling will be necessary and have first defender maintain contact and wait for help in those cases.
How’s about playing a 3rd LB. Teams know that DA runs a 4-2, so they take advantage of that with the run game. How many times have Saints opponents gained 6, 7, 8 yards on a 1st down run? A lot.

Sean Payton will beat his old team with a rookie QB this Thursday. Don’t like it but what I saw Sunday was an abomination. If any stats guys can look up the last time a team had a punt return touchdown and 3 interceptions and still lost, I would appreciate it. I was sitting on the fence since the first 2 games, ready to give DA a chance but I’m done. Nothing is going to change the direction of this team. It is hard to lose this many in a row. Even Carolina couldn’t do it. And Thursday will be no different. Penthouse to Outhouse here we come.

We need to get bigger on the D-Line. If not, the D-Line will get run over. They need to give John Ridgeway more playing time. He's the closest thing to a NT that we have, @ 6'5"/325# and line up Kahlin Saunders next to him and see if that works to stop the run. They also need to get Khristian Boyd up to speed and coached PDQ. I don't think Boyd even played last week. He needs to get in that rotation so that the D-Linemen can stay fresh. That's one thing DA needs to change, is keeping more DT's on the roster.

The old school mentality of you win a game or lose a game in the trenches is very much on display here. We all knew our offensive line was paper thin and one player short in the offseason. One injury to our center and we are left with a gigantic hole at guard and center. 3 guys a line does not make. The defensive line again has a couple of good pieces, but that’s it. No depth, and marginal talent in other areas. The swing and a miss on 2 first round pick DEs, and the injury shortened and loss of Rankins has been a huge hole to paper over also.

Then, someone really needs to do a top down analysis on why this team is injured so badly every year. Is it selecting players who are injury prone, is it something in the medical care side? Something in how the players are expected to play? Someone somewhere needs to find this out and find some solutions. We can’t continue with this level of injury year after year.

The Saints need to find the right combination of D-Linemen up front to collapse the interior. That in turn will help the DE's get to the QB's. It will also help to keep the LBer's clean and able to make plays. Besides Bresee and Saunders on the interior, I don't know what else we have. Shepherd is inconsistent in his play. I haven't seen enough of Ridgeway and Boyd to know if they could maybe make a difference. We also need to have better LB'er play too. That's a position we need to take care of in the draft and drafting one in the later rounds ain't cutting it. sooner or later the Saints will have to realize they will have to pick one in the first three rounds or sign one of the top tier FA LBer's. Demario Davis isn't getting any younger. And for Pete's sakes try to find a DE in the draft that's not going to be a bust. The last time that happened was when we drafted Cam Jordan. The Saints used to be very good at drafting DE's, don't know what happened or why we can't do that anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom