Saints Defense is regressing before our eyes!!!! (4 Viewers)

They either can’t tackle or don’t want to tackle. It was hard to tell watching that embarrassing effort
Our defense doesn't seem prepared to handle bruisers who need extra hands to bring down.

Need to emphasize when group tackling will be necessary and have first defender maintain contact and wait for help in those cases.

Some earlier posters said it best. It's an old defense.

Jordan is washed.
Davis is still decent but ancient.
Lattimore is a headcase.
Mathieu is still good but old.
Granderson is pretty good.
Breese has promise.
Werner is pretty good.

Who's elite? Who are the All Pro or Pro Bowl players? Lattimore (maybe), Mathieu? Who else?

Everyone was so excited about signing a couple of backup DL guys last year. They're fine. Not bad. But this is not a top end talent laden defense.

They feasted on a garbage schedule last year.

If you got suckered believing anything Loomis and Allen said, now's your time to get mad.

I’m honestly curious but what in the world is Kubiac going to do about 3-4 man rushes getting to the qb in 2-3 seconds. I’m guessing nothing.
We had this problem last year, and PC took all the blame for lacking any new ideas. Now, the board is full of comments that Kubiak is predictable and can’t adjust because we can’t protect the QB or block the run. Scheme gets too much credit/blame.

That said, the last four games help to show (again) that a team can only establish an identity when things are working. Kubiak was the savior in weeks one and two because we could run the ball at will against two bad teams, now he’s allegedly out of ideas. Establishing a run first identity is practically impossible when your lead back is averaging 3.3 a carry over the last four games. You practically have to pass the ball, especially when you can’t stop anyone, but we have no dominant receiving threats to lean on (and we’re currently depending on a 5th round QB as well).

Our D-Line is too soft. DA decided to go lighter on The D-Line for more speed getting to the QB and RB's in the backfield. Well that might work against undersized O-Linemen, but not against these Mammoth sized O-Linemen that teams are drafting. Our D-Line was getting blown off the line and pushed back and pushed around all game. the same thing has been happening for last 3 games. We need that big run stuffing NT in the middle. Our run defense has declined ever since we traded away Malcolm Brown. I've said this before in a couple of other threads. And I'm still beating the table for this to happen. We also need some new blood at LB & Safety. This next draft, We need to pick DL, OL, LB and Safety, or bring in some FA's that can help immediately, and quit depending on 6th,7th and Undrafted Rookies to suddenly blossom into starters. Also quit waiting for the first and second waves of FA to pass before we sign someone.

Defensive line is undersized and getting mauled in the run game. As a result they can't keep the LB's clean to get to the point of attack and OLmen are getting to the 2nd and 3rd level consistently.

If I'm Payton, I'm running the ball 40+ times Thursday night and forcing Allen and the defense to prove they can stop it.
he never guarded him. why doesn’t lattimore shadow anymore
He covered him a few times but don't believe he was ever targeted. I know the first two catches Evans had were on Adebo though.

Kept noticing Evans was on the sideline a lot and was apparently dealing with an injury though.

Foskey, Turner, Miller etc a host of our draft picks are not contributing which really sets us back because we cannot depend on aging vets to carry this team, were are the young up and coming players.
Chase Young dominated all day by Wirfs---he made little to no impact
will be on another team next year

Chase Young dominated all day by Wirfs---he made little to no impact
will be on another team next year
He could end up on another team this year. He is the poster child for close but cannot finish. His pressures are good but after that he is non-existent. I'd look to trade him for a late round pick at the deadline. Detroit needs DE help they might invest a 7th for him?
Lattimore should be shopped as well as he actually has some real value.

We had this problem last year, and PC took all the blame for lacking any new ideas. Now, the board is full of comments that Kubiak is predictable and can’t adjust because we can’t protect the QB or block the run. Scheme gets too much credit/blame.

That said, the last four games help to show (again) that a team can only establish an identity when things are working. Kubiak was the savior in weeks one and two because we could run the ball at will against two bad teams, now he’s allegedly out of ideas. Establishing a run first identity is practically impossible when your lead back is averaging 3.3 a carry over the last four games. You practically have to pass the ball, especially when you can’t stop anyone, but we have no dominant receiving threats to lean on (and we’re currently depending on a 5th round QB as well).
The 5th round Qb played 1 game and somehow u decided to throw him in? Carr was the started the entire time. Mention him and how he looked

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom