Saints fired OC Pete Carmichael (2 Viewers)

Laughing a loud at myself for saying 100% Pete isn't getting fired. Well this is a start, though I would have preferred to keep Pete on staff.

Thought they'd a t least look into letting him be the Passing game coordinator etc.
Some tweets say "fired", but I bet it was a lot less harsh than that. Probably a mutual thing. Remember, he really didnt want the job... two years in a row. It wouldnt surprise me if he just moved into a different role. He's turned down interviews before because he didnt want to move his family out of new orleans (reportedly).

And I'm fine with that. I want a hungry OC... hell, I want a hungry coaching staff and a hungry team. Probably never gonna have a hungry owner or GM... but i want the rest of the organization 100% bought in.

Pete didnt really do anything "wrong" he just isnt the guy for that position. And I think he knew that and tried to tell them. Lets hope they're listening now and that they make a good decision on his replacememt.

Sad to see somebody lose their job, but he really helped dig this team into a hole in the first half of the season.

Best guess now that Gruden will come in as Assistant Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator. Just one more positive drive per hand or a couple of Red Zone plays this year and the Saints easily would have won the division.

I sure hope they don't trade our few tradeable players. Lattimore is more valuable than what Loomis likely gets in a trade.

Can you imagine some of our fans being Lions fans. Dan Campbell started 1-6 last year, this board would have been clamoring for Campbell to be fired.
Dan Campbell started with a really really bad team. DA started with a team that finished 9-8 with 4 different starting QBs and possible the worst injury plagued season ever the prior year and hadn't won less than double digits the prior 4 years.

Laughing a loud at myself for saying 100% Pete isn't getting fired. Well this is a start, though I would have preferred to keep Pete on staff.

Thought they'd a t least look into letting him be the Passing game coordinator etc

They could have kept in on in the role he had under Payton - Glorified Clipboard and Juicy Fruit Holder

Bringing Gruden in will be the worst thing Allen will have to deal with.

I have no idea how a SB winning head coach can swallow their pride to the point of working for one of the worst HCs of all time.

And secondly, Allen cannot deal with an Alpha below him. He needs betas to keep his beta beta'ing.

Theyll be chanting "We want Chucky" from every section in the Superdome starting the first preseason game.

Id take Gruden as a HC. Gruden as an OC is setting himself up for failure working under a incompetent HC, and will undercut Allen just being on the sideline. You have this guy with a career .343 win % at 70 games, with a guy who won a SB and has a career win % at .511 at 229 games UNDER him.

It would have to be a Ditka and Ryan situation, where its agreed that Ditka did not meddle at all with Ryan and his defense.

It does not check out.

Yay!!! So now we have to suffer again through Carr's learning the playback and throwing WRs hospital balls and under the table again. This time since we have a waaaaaaay tougher schedule..he won't wait til halftime to get injured. He will feign injury in the 1st quarter!!!!!

Oh Yes. Oh yes yes yes. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. O SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE AT LAST I FOOOOUNNND YOUUUUU... I am going to do my DJ Dmitry Brill dance now.

two things, Betas willfully submit to Alphas. 2: Perhaps Gruden to HC is too premature due to his legal issues. Id be happy w/ Bill Belichek for the same reason. We need more football guys and less accountants
Can we please let go of this tired, nonsensical alpha/beta/sigma male BS? Good lord.

He didn't say we're keeping Pete at all, it was an insight I read to far into. It was along the lines of "it took Carr time to get acclimated to our system, it took us time to get acclimated to him" We'll I figured, why can the offensive system if Carr started playing well in it to end the year? Tweak it sure, but if you bring in a new offensive system you're basically giving that same mulligan again next year if he fails.

Well, he had to learn a new system. etc
Sure, and I was just using yours bc it reminded me of all the posters who were certain of X bc ML or DA said something about the direction of the team before the season was over
I just felt there was no way ML was going to signal anything specific one way or another before he had to

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom