Saints fired OC Pete Carmichael (2 Viewers)

Doug Marrone didn’t suddenly forget how to coach.

I think some of you guys just want heads to roll without fully understanding what goes into these positions, whose fault is what, etc.

What if behind the scenes Marrone hated what PC’s protection schemes were like? What if behind the scenes Marrone was the one that finally got PC to allow him to put who he wanted out there and that’s when we saw Peat do his thing at LT?

Just because a unit struggled doesn’t necessarily mean a position coach was doing a bad job, and just because a unit puts up good stats doesn’t mean their coach was doing a good job.

Well Scott there is something like seven head coaching jobs now open. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Pete gets an interview for a head job. Seriously I doubt he’d even consider a HC interview, but it sounds Ike he has accumulated a lot of respect throughout the league. I’m guessing he either retires or ends up back on Sean Payton’s staff.

the o line improved and finished strong. dont know if marrone should be cannned

But you still have to ask the question, "why did the O-line suck so bad at the beginning of the season?" Because it wasn't just Penning. And about Penning, is his lack of development on him, or the coaching staff?

I wanna apply as a moderator, just so I can end all these attacks on players and coaches. Flame away if you like but we have rules on this forum about attacking players and coaches.

Too my knowledge no one on this board works in the NFL. None of us have a clue what it takes to coach an NFL franchise or run it. We are all just fans that think we know what the heck we are talking about.

These players and coaches are humans not just a name, show a little class.

I know there are some hoping for Gruden, but I just don't see DA bringing in a personality so much larger than his own if he has any say in it. Gruden would eat him alive in terms of credibility and respect in the locker room. Gruden is a leader, not a subordinate and he would take over almost immediately.

It depends on Gruden and how he can navigate that situation. I was weather in the AF and still work in the field, but civil service now. Most weather people especially ones in the AF are ISTJ's, it's about 70%. I'm an ENFP and many times I overshadowed my Flight Commander or Squadron Commander depending on the position I had at the time, but in those positions I would step back or step up depending on the situation. It was a way to compliment the not so dynamic leaders without taking over for them. It also allowed our team/unit/organization to know who had final say and was in charge. It's not easy to do and it came from years of practice as I know I didn't do that early in my career, but it was something I learned with self awareness and experience.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom