Saints fired OC Pete Carmichael (1 Viewer)

It’s a good reminder to take anything a GM or HC says about the future of the team before the season ends with a massive grain of salt
You don't even need the qualifiers. Their goal in those press conferences is to NOT tell the public anything and never hint at any problems. I don't even watch those things anymore.

So what do we as fans want from a new OC? What team out there has an offense we want to emulate? Bills? Eagles? 49ers?

Bills or 49ers who have more physicality built into the offense. Miami went the speed version of the 49ers and it's a good fair weather/dome offense that doesn't do well later in the season and in the playoffs.

Miami went with 4.2/4.3 guys without much strength/power. Give me 4.4 guys who are a stronger and more powerful, so pretty much the middle ground between the 49ers and Dolphins which would be very close to the 49ers.

I also like how Buffalo uses 2 TEs. It takes some of the beating off of their smaller WRs. We have 2 small WRs who need to be protected.

Bills or 49ers who have more physicality built into the offense. Miami went the speed version of the 49ers and it's a good fair weather/dome offense that doesn't do well later in the season and in the playoffs.

Miami went with 4.2/4.3 guys without much strength/power. Give me 4.4 guys who are a stronger and more powerful, so pretty much the middle ground between the 49ers and Dolphins which would be very close to the 49ers.

I also like how Buffalo uses 2 TEs. It takes some of the beating off of their smaller WRs. We have 2 small WRs who need to be protected.

What does personnel have to do with coaching, in this context? I mean, McDaniels is running the 49ers offense, just with a different style of players.

Just because you get a Dolphins coach doesn’t mean you will be looking for the same personnel-types.

The 49ers (Shanahan) coaching tree would be my pick, I like their physical running game and creativity in the passing game.

What does personnel have to do with coaching, in this context? I mean, McDaniels is running the 49ers offense, just with a different style of players.

Just because you get a Dolphins coach doesn’t mean you will be looking for the same personnel-types.

It means everything. McDaniel installed his version of that offense and went the speed route. Whoever we hire is going to want to put their stamp on the offense, so their vision, their people.

If we went with someone from the 49ers or Miami, I wouldn't be surprised if Olave is traded. If it's someone from the 49ers, start looking at some like Aiyuk being a target to acquire.

Doesn’t Kubiak run that offense in San Fran? That can’t be the old QB Kubiak is it?

It means everything. McDaniel installed his version of that offense and went the speed route. Whoever we hire is going to want to put their stamp on the offense, so their vision, their people.

If we went with someone from the 49ers or Miami, I wouldn't be surprised if Olave is traded. If it's someone from the 49ers, start looking at some like Aiyuk being a target to acquire.

Our top 3 receivers are going to be Chris Olave, Rashid Shaheed, and Hunter Renfrow (you heard it here first 😂).

The new coordinator will cater his offense around them.

I’m sure someone will start a thread shortly but apparently it’s looking like Loomis is semi-retiring himself to vice president and making Khai Harley GM of the Saints. Wonderful news, finally a genuine step in the right direction.

Heard the same.

Laughing a loud at myself for saying 100% Pete isn't getting fired. Well this is a start, though I would have preferred to keep Pete on staff.

Thought they'd a t least look into letting him be the Passing game coordinator etc.
Why? The last 2 years just shows it was CSP that was calling the plays. We used to be high scoring even in the lean Payton years (25 pt. Average or more)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom