Saints fired OC Pete Carmichael (1 Viewer)

I’m sure someone will start a thread shortly but apparently it’s looking like Loomis is semi-retiring himself to vice president and making Khai Harley GM of the Saints. Wonderful news, finally a genuine step in the right direction.

Andrus alluded that Dennis Lauscha, who has the power to fire Loomis, is fully aware of the growing unrest among the players and fans. Guess they're going to give DA a third year, but I assume they're not going to hesitate to throw him off a cliff if the Saints have another season of struggles.

Some tweets say "fired", but I bet it was a lot less harsh than that. Probably a mutual thing. Remember, he really didnt want the job... two years in a row. It wouldnt surprise me if he just moved into a different role. He's turned down interviews before because he didnt want to move his family out of new orleans (reportedly).

And I'm fine with that. I want a hungry OC... hell, I want a hungry coaching staff and a hungry team. Probably never gonna have a hungry owner or GM... but i want the rest of the organization 100% bought in.

Pete didnt really do anything "wrong" he just isnt the guy for that position. And I think he knew that and tried to tell them. Lets hope they're listening now and that they make a good decision on his replacememt.
:potd:

Pete must be a heckuva guy. I've seen many posts talking about how great a guy he is. H

Same guy that was the Panthers (I think) TE and is now a Fox color guy?
Greg Olsen is the Panthers TE, Greg Olson was Gruden’s OC in Vegas and also worked as an OC for Dennis Allen. He took over playcalling duties for the Raiders when Gruden left in 2021.

Pretty sure everyone means Olson when they say Olsen.

Pete is a Proven winner. DA was the secondary coach under Gregg Williams. We took a few steps back today. Think Jim Hasslett era
Pete had the nebulous "offensive assistant, quality control" title in Washington and San Diego prior to arriving in New Orleans with Drew Brees, who I'm assuming the front office went and got at Brees' request because Brees liked working with him.

When you were cheering on the defense during the 2009 season, it was primarily the secondary who made the game-turning plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom