Saints Injury Report 12/17 (Dave Thomas and Roby are out - merged) (1 Viewer)

The Thomas injury isn't good. He does allot of things for us. As much as I love Jimmy, he's still a rookie.
At least we have a healthy Heath Evans who can do a lot of the dirty work that Dave Thomas did for us this time last year.

Sucks about Ivory. We need his style of running for this game to wear out the defense.

Ahh well, its up to PT and Bush. They gotta bring it.

Any word on the Ravens' injury report today? Todd Heap hasn't practiced all week - if he's out, that's huge for us.

I doubt Ivory plays, if you don't practice Friday, you don't play Sunday

This is often true, but one notable exception last year was DeMarcus Ware - he didn't practice all week leading up to the Saints/Cowboys Saturday night game and he ended up having a monster game.

The Thomas injury isn't good. He does allot of things for us. As much as I love Jimmy, he's still a rookie.
No doubt. Thomas has to be the most underrated player on the Saints' roster. It would have been Moore, but he's no longer a secret.

No doubt. Thomas has to be the most underrated player on the Saints' roster. It would have been Moore, but he's no longer a secret.

Well look at it: We have a injury proned Shockey and a rookie. If Shockey pulls up gimpy one play, it's really gonna change what we do on offense.

Dec 17, 2010, 1:55 PM
videoicon.gif
Presser: Harbaugh Updates Heap and Zbikowski for Sunday

Stallworth Fired Up For Former Team

I can't remember the last time a Saints player who didn't practice on friday played on sunday. I don't think Ivory plays.

Thomas does more then just play TE... When he's in the game he confuses match ups... He can line up in space and be an effective receiver or line up at FB n be an effective blocker.. Neither Graham or Shockey can do that n Evans can't line up in space...

This is a notable loss...

I hope Peirre's ankle is stout because we'll need him to be our battering ram this week. If Ivory can't go we'll need a "pounder".

Julious Jones you're up!

Mason is saying he will play, and Baltimore media is saying Heap likely won't.

The Atlanta game won't mean much if we lose to the Ravens

the H - E - double hockey stick it will! it probably won't matter in terms of standings, but getting swept by a divisional opponent will not sit well with Coach or the team. and getting swept by the Falcons will certainly cause me grief.

Thomas does more then just play TE... When he's in the game he confuses match ups... He can line up in space and be an effective receiver or line up at FB n be an effective blocker.. Neither Graham or Shockey can do that n Evans can't line up in space...

This is a notable loss...

I think Shockey did line up at FB in a game. I think KC in 2008.

miketripletttp Saints injuries: Chris Ivory questionable (did not practice Friday). Roby, David Thomas out. A.Hargrove questionable.

miketripletttp R.Ayodele, J.Vilma, J.Bushrod probable, among others.

miketripletttp David Thomas had lateral meniscus tear. Should be out an estimated 2 weeks.

It's crazy how we have what appears to be an "EASY" game against the Rams and we come out banged up. This could be worse than it looks. David Thomas is a great blocker and sure handed. 2 toughest games this year coming and we wont have him. If Ivory and Hargrove miss this week too, those are big loses in their own right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom