Saints Injury Report 12/17 (Dave Thomas and Roby are out - merged) (2 Viewers)

The Thomas injury isn't good. He does allot of things for us. As much as I love Jimmy, he's still a rookie.

Graham's not going to replace David Thomas' role but he can stretch the field, and use his athleticism to be the spectacular player that we've seen at times already. These are skills that David Thomas doesn't have, so we lose some skills but gain others. He will be excellent. Let's not look for reasons to be worried.

the H - E - double hockey stick it will! it probably won't matter in terms of standings, but getting swept by a divisional opponent will not sit well with Coach or the team. and getting swept by the Falcons will certainly cause me grief.
I'm not downplaying the importance of the Falcons' game, I am just emphasizing how important the Ravens' game is. If we lose to the Ravens, and Atlanta beats the Seahawks then they win the division and get the first round bye so resting Ivory to get him ready for Atlanta will be wasted.

Dave Thomas being out doesn't take one play out of our playbook. It does make us thin at TE considering Shockey's health issues game to game. So, while it's a loss, it's not something that will change the outcome of the game if our other TE's don't come up gimpy.

If Hargrove can't play, IMO, that's the bigger loss. He's a monster on kickoff coverage and gives us good flexibility and depth on the DL. In a cold game where players may be struggling to catch their breathe, that could be big if he's out.

Humphrey is a decent back-up caliber TE. He's remained on the squad since just prior to the playoffs last year.

I'm more concerned about Shockey in the long-term. He can't seem to stay healthy, and he's definitely lost a step or two. Nonetheless, he's still a quality TE ... but time is catching up with him. Graham is obviously whom the coaches consider the future starter at TE.

Humphrey is a decent back-up caliber TE. He's remained on the squad since just prior to the playoffs last year.

I'm more concerned about Shockey in the long-term. He can't seem to stay healthy, and he's definitely lost a step or two. Nonetheless, he's still a quality TE ... but time is catching up with him. Graham is obviously whom the coaches consider the future starter at TE.
Shockey may not have lost a big a step as we think, did you see why he was limited in practice earlier this week, it was a tweaked groin that will make anyone lose a step. He might have had it for a while

A bad hammy and a cold field not a good combination
Look for Ivory in Atlanta

No real surprise on Roby -- hope he's healthy and back out there soon.

Thomas is one of the team's more unsung heroes. Steadily goes about contributing without as much fanfare as some other offensive players. Hoping it's a quick recovery.

PT will be returning kicks.

Shockey may not have lost a big a step as we think, did you see why he was limited in practice earlier this week, it was a tweaked groin that will make anyone lose a step. He might have had it for a while

He's lost a huge step.

He has NO explosiveness whatsoever anymore.

This is likely his last productive season as a TE in the NFL.

It is what it is. He played the game so tough and so hard that it has finally caught up to him.

He's lost a huge step.

He has NO explosiveness whatsoever anymore.

This is likely his last productive season as a TE in the NFL.

It is what it is. He played the game so tough and so hard that it has finally caught up to him.

Yeah, Shockey does appear to be laboring every time he runs after the catch.

Shockey, Don't count him out yet. Yea he ain't going to run down field for 40 but when we gotta have a play the guy can get it. He knows how to shiled a defender as good as anyone. And he can seal an edge still or throw a block.

PT will be returning kicks.
I don't know if it is wise to have our primary running back (esp if Ivory does not play) also handling kick offs. I heard that they were giving Meachum reps as a kick off returner. I wonder why they have never tried Devery Henderson out in that role. As his reps on the field are diminishing, I would think that his receiving and speed would be ideally suited as a returner.

Obligatory "No Dave Thomas" LOLcat poster:

no-you-cant-has-cheezburger.jpg

More seriously, he's a valuable part of the offense (his crucial 4th-Q catch at the 5 was one of the key "hidden plays" of the Super Bowl) and I hope he gets well soon.

However, in context of this game, I guess Thomas for Heap is not a bad deal for us.

Not sure why everyone says that this game is the most important one. Its prob the least important on of the remaining games (although important). For us to have a chance to win the division, ATL has to lose on Sunday, cause they won't lose vs the Panthers. We can lose and still have a chance to get HFA.

The Atlanta game won't mean much if we lose to the Ravens

Unfortunatly, this is correct. The Saints have put themselves in a position where the Atl game means nothing if they lose this game. Looking at the other teams' schedules, the Saints are basically locked into the #1 or #5 seed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom