Saints media lovefest offically over (1 Viewer)

I guess I shouldn't mention how I support six teams in college sports then.

I have to admit that the Brian Griese pic in there is laughable. Howeverm the Saints media lovefest isn't completely over. I still see/hear enough Saints/Reggie Bush commercials to turn my stomach.

If it was Drew Brees in the commercials rather than Reggie Bush it wouldn't be so tiring, at least he has done something in the league.

Man, you take a lot of heat on this board for being a pats fan, and as one of the lurkers let me just say that I am sad that rather than have good football discussion, you always have to defend yourself on threads like these.

Isn't it unbelievable? Can't people simply use rationality and reason and attempt to defend their arguments using strong rhetorical principles? =) Seriously though, I think that BnG always defends his arguments well, and he likes two teams for a VERY good reason... he has lived in both places for quite a long period of time. The reason that people are all over him is simple: the Saints were 7-9, the Pats were 16-0. If those were reversed, I doubt that people would care that he is a Pats fan.

I think the dual-team concept to a lot of us is considered cheating as a fan. I know that personally I'm envious of BnG. I wish I could root for another team as passionately as I root for the Saints, but I can't.

I see where you are coming from but in truth....if you have been loyal to a team or even 2 teams then I don't see it as bad. You have people that always root for last years Bowl winners. Those are CHEATERS. I have stuck with my teams from the get go and never looked back. Honestly....I'm a little envious of NE fans myself right now. I have a favorite team in every major sport and for as long as I have been alive....FOOTBALL is the only sport that I have yet to celebrate a championship for. (The Dolphins did it before I was born.) Frankly.....IT'S FRUSTRATING! But I ain't goin nowhere. Black and Gold till' the end.

Honestly....I'm a little envious of NE fans myself right now. I have a favorite team in every major sport and for as long as I have been alive....FOOTBALL is the only sport that I have yet to celebrate a championship for. (The Dolphins did it before I was born.) QUOTE]

Hockey for me, and as I've stated several times here, hockey is my favorite sport. Inept Bruins management.

Honestly....I'm a little envious of NE fans myself right now. I have a favorite team in every major sport and for as long as I have been alive....FOOTBALL is the only sport that I have yet to celebrate a championship for. (The Dolphins did it before I was born.) QUOTE]

Hockey for me, and as I've stated several times here, hockey is my favorite sport. Inept Bruins management.

Makes you wanna strangle someone doesn't it? Year after year you invest your time and emotions and they come up short. I had the Mets in '86 and the Marlins twice, I had the Heat in '06, The Devils have literally spoiled me....but football....<sigh> the closest thing I had was the Dolphins in '83 and '85. I just can't catch a break with this sport. I guess what makes it just a tad more painful is that of the big 4, football is my favorite.

Last edited:
Makes you wanna strangle someone doesn't it? Year after year you invest your time and emotions and they come up short. I had the Mets in '86 and the Marlins twice, I had the Heat in '06, The Devils have literally spoiled me....but football....<sigh> the closest thing I had was the Dolphins in '85. I just can't catch a break with this sport. I guess what makes it just a tad more painful is that of the big 4, football is my favorite.

I find it amazing that the Marlins don't have a better fanbase considering their 2 titles in a decade and the large Hispanic population of south Florida. Is it mostly because of them dismantling the team a few times? The stadium? I just don't get it. I guess growing up in a baseball crazed town warps my view on it a bit though, I mean Sox tickets for the season sell out the day they go on sale.

This thread hit 3 pages for all the wrong reasons.

I find it amazing that the Marlins don't have a better fanbase considering their 2 titles in a decade and the large Hispanic population of south Florida. Is it mostly because of them dismantling the team a few times? The stadium? I just don't get it. I guess growing up in a baseball crazed town warps my view on it a bit though, I mean Sox tickets for the season sell out the day they go on sale.

When u keep building a team and take them all the way only to dismantle them the following year....people tend to get tired of it. The dismantling has left many fans disgruntled down in Miami.

After reading 3 pages I eventually forget what the thread was about. Are we being converted to NE fans? Hockey fans?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom