Saints Meeting “Extensively” With Hendon Hooker (2 Viewers)

Finnally went and watched some of his tape. I thought he was pretty good at stepping up into the pocket, but there were some big accuracy issues that I saw. He has a very pretty deep ball, though. I never saw him come out of shot gun, so that's possibly another Jameis situation of trying to put a shotgun QB in a pro style offense.

By far his most elite trait is his ability to look off the safety. You don't have that many big pass plays without being able to do that. He treated the Alabama DBs like they were JV HS kids.

All in all, I wouldn't be upset if we picked him at 29 or later. I'd want him to sit at least 10 games behind Dalton first, though. Dalton is a good example of a system college QB who evolved his game and had some really solid years in CIN.

No one is even talking about Tanner because no one thinks he is good.
But tell us the real reason why you dont like him.
I’ve seen plenty of people talk about him
And i never said I don’t like him I’ve never seen his play just his stats and to Hendon they don’t compare

Some say Hendon is a system qb but whos to say he can’t learn and execute a new one

I’ve seen plenty of people talk about him
And i never said I don’t like him I’ve never seen his play just his stats and to Hendon they don’t compare

Some say Hendon is a system qb but whos to say he can’t learn and execute a new one
For every one Russel Wilson there are two Chris Weinke Brandon Weedens.

I like McKee but I don't know how high the Saints are on him. He's a pocket QB and they've said repeatedly they are looking for a running QB. Which is funny because DA seems to hate Taysom at QB

Bro… come on… if you guna get in a football debate on a football forum, say reasonable things or you lose credibility.

If you don’t like him, say you don’t like him and why cuz cuz what you said is foolish and I for one very much like him, I’d be willing to bet that after the combine, you will see him move up into the late first by many.

Just some advise.

Finnally went and watched some of his tape. I thought he was pretty good at stepping up into the pocket, but there were some big accuracy issues that I saw. He has a very pretty deep ball, though. I never saw him come out of shot gun, so that's possibly another Jameis situation of trying to put a shotgun QB in a pro style offense.

By far his most elite trait is his ability to look off the safety. You don't have that many big pass plays without being able to do that. He treated the Alabama DBs like they were JV HS kids.

All in all, I wouldn't be upset if we picked him at 29 or later. I'd want him to sit at least 10 games behind Dalton first, though. Dalton is a good example of a system college QB who evolved his game and had some really solid years in CIN.

His accuracy issues can be fixed if he's as hard a worker as folks say he is. If Josh Allen can find accuracy Hooker shouldn't have a problem. Depends on the coaching he gets and the work he puts in.

The "good" traits he has... you can't teach those.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom