Saints offense vs. Cowboys defense (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm real curious to see how Sean Payton decides to attack Dallas' defense. When I've watched Dallas I've noticed that their safeties in terms of coverage are crap. So does he try to spread them out and make them have to cover 4 or more receivers or try to be more balanced and run the ball. Also, I get this weird feeling that the Cowboys are going to try that "Amoeba" defense ala the Browns and try to confuse Brees. This is where possibly and hopefully having Reggie Bush back makes a huge difference.

I just hope he gives Bushrod some help.....

Someone else tried that defense on them and got burned. I think it was Carolina. They only tried it a couple of times because it was a fail. They learned a lesson after that cleveland game.

Shocker was out last year and Reggie went out early with a hammy right as he was busting open a big run. We got dis!

I'm real curious to see how Sean Payton decides to attack Dallas' defense. When I've watched Dallas I've noticed that their safeties in terms of coverage are crap. So does he try to spread them out and make them have to cover 4 or more receivers or try to be more balanced and run the ball. Also, I get this weird feeling that the Cowboys are going to try that "Amoeba" defense ala the Browns and try to confuse Brees. This is where possibly and hopefully having Reggie Bush back makes a huge difference.

without the intimate knowledge of our offense like Fujita had, it would be unsuccessful for them.

and Carolina tried it several times as SiD just said and it didnt work.

I think we will start with reggie and ivory and try to test that run d early. If its giving up 4-6 yds early, then you will see the full playbook for the rest of the game. play action on 1st down, screens, draws which will keep the Dallas d on thier heels.

Coach scripts the first 15 plays. Look to see how balanced we are after 15 plays.

Shocker was out last year and Reggie went out early with a hammy right as he was busting open a big run. We got dis!
Seems like I remember Ellis being out for that game last year as well. It makes me very happy to see him practicing today.

Can Heat pull a Karney? Do you think they'll make the mistake of ignoring the FB again?

Dallas secondary can be had for big plays. Their safety's stink.

I think we need to go vertical this game. Im gonna go ahead and predict that Meach has his best game of the year and Dev has a nice game as well.

The average starting QB's rating vs the Girls was 103.2 3rd worst in the league. We have Drew Brees think about that... They have 20 sacks on the year, they are not a pass rushing juggernaut. Can they be? Yeah, they have the talent but nothing makes me fearful that they will be able to execute effectively on either side of the ball.

Ellis was out. Here's the Friday injury report from last year's game. We were missing quite a few players in that game.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/12/new_orleans_saints_official_in_6.html

As I remember it, the critical thing was missing BOTH Greer and Porter at the start of the game.

Starting CBs were Jenkins and someone else (Gay? Mckenzie?)... and Jenkins wasn't ready for it. He got scorched twice and then Porter came in. Cowboys only put up 10 in 3 quarters after that.

They'll do what Payton should/would have done last year: run right at Ware and call screens to his side. That'll slow down his rush and pull the safeties in for play action and long touchdown strikes.

Then, after up by 3 or 4 touchdowns, they'll kick them in the 'nads.

It's gonna come down to how we can handle Jay Ratliff. If you watch last year's game you can see that although Ware made the biggest plays, Ratliff was the one with the bigger impact getting penetration on 50% of the plays. It's nothing new, pressure Brees up the middle and he struggles but few players can do it when our guards plays up to their level. It's like when we play Minnesota, in games where K. Williams dominated Evans (2008 and 2009) we struggled on offense for most of the game but when we handled him (like this year) we were alright.

I thought I read here a few days ago where Demarcus Ware was out for this game.

You may be thinking of Marcus Spears who was recently placed on IR. Ware is playing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom