Saints select Minnesota Safety Jordan Howden How do you like the pick? (2 Viewers)

Saints select Minnesota Safety Jordan Howden How do you like the pick?

• Total voters

I voted too soon to tell because I don’t know anything about him. I’ve seen some on Twitter say could play the slot, but who knows. I think bringing in competition at S is a good thing. I am surprised Perry is still there but there has to be a reason for his fall

I would say Safety is a need (along depth lines).

Wonder if we’re gonna re-sign PJ. Know he’s not the best but he would be good for depth as well.

I think this is probably a pick we'll get a lot of value of. Likely a shoe in for good special team snaps and can be versatile on defense.

At least they saved the last pick for the one that had no shot at making the roster.
Deuce and Mike on WWL radio just said the remaining picks the Saints make will be for players who they don’t want to have to financially compete for in the undrafted free agency market. They can grab a guy for a very low salary as a late draft pick and assure getting him. Players at this point are being viewed for single purpose reasons where they can help the club. Things like special teams, or a specific role on the team.

I watch a lot of BIG10 football and have seen him a bit. He's more solid than anything and could develop with us. Smart player and sure tackler. Plenty fast looking as a player, here is a blurb:

Howden (6'/203) was a walk-on at Minnesota but earned a starting job as a freshman because of injuries. He remained a mainstay of the Gophers' lineup for all five years of his collegiate career. Howden capped his career with career-highs in tackles (40), TFLs (3.5), and intercep[tions (two). His experience should allow him to quickly pick up a backup role in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom