Saints select TE Adam Trautman in the 3rd (4 Viewers)

6’5 255 lbs TE that was a QB.
6’2 220 lbs TE that is/was a QB.
Saints draft a second starting center.

EWo5Pjz60cByOFs80vkyykX7Y-t8kuUs_cKLFQSiAZzE-LBEES7jr9bmL5Kz7Ut1eYec8DCMVLMQ8dZaUWg35Yaq74vXLIqbGqAkrLYMHM473fDbF5jm54trKq-PMArMiK60cBaqk-MpC9VzOTu_aJA-C6bjh_MzMj4

The lack of top end speed worries me a little bit, but his agility and burst is off the charts for a guy his size. And he seems to have great hands. He’ll be fun to watch in the red zone.

Coach had to trade all of the remaining picks and not be on camera tomorrow, he got caught with TWO Coke products on camera yesterday and today, if he had done it again tomorrow he would have been facing a lifetime ban from the NFL!

40 yard dash means nothing now in todays game obviously you haven't watched his tape the man plays faster
He looks slow, even at Dayton against third tier players. I’m hoping he turns out. It’s admirable that Payton falls in love with a player and is willing to go get him. It’s what’s made us successful all these years. So I’m chilling out and learning about the player.

Like the player but not sure he was worth the rest of our day 3 picks since this years draft is so deep.

Very top heavy draft.

No offseason program makes it very hard for late round rookies to come in and make an impact.

You got a starting interior O-linemen, at the least a 4th LB that will see a lot of snaps and a 2/3 TE that might develop into a starter. Not bad if you ask me.

He’s got big potential! I don’t mind that they traded the rest of their picks. There’s only so many new faces that will make the roster and we can still find an undrafted FA gem.

Normally, I hate trading many picks, but tonight, I love the trade for Trautman.

Since we didn't have a second round pick, we were not able to go for a receiver.

We needed someone to catch passes, and forever I have read, we got great value.

We don't have many holes on our roster, so going with quality over quality is perfect considering the maturity of our team. Next year the situation will be different.

There is also something to think about. Many receivers have been taken between yesterday and tonight. That will make some players to be released. It will also lower the price for receivers looking for maybe a one year tryouts. And let's be honest, if you are receiver and are forced to sign a one year deal, there is no better place than New Orleans.
Exactly! The value was just there with tight end. I hinted at the need to take a TE. Trautman is an excellent pick and I think he will contribute this season.

The value of all 4 of our late round picks total was less than the value of the 3rd round pick. Not even accounting for the player we chose. A dynamic TE has been key for us since Sean got here. I think it's been a home run draft.
Also, it won't take much to get back into the fourth round if there's a player that we're looking at.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom