Saints select TE Adam Trautman in the 3rd (2 Viewers)

Remember our draft from 2 years ago where our picks didnt make our team and got picked up by other teams? We are in a similar situation this year
Plus if we are going TE heavy, Wr isnt as much a need. Trequan should be a solid #3 receiver and Harris will make a jump
If anybody has earned our trust, its Jeff Ireland

Very top heavy draft.

No offseason program makes it very hard for late round rookies to come in and make an impact.

You got a starting interior O-linemen, at the least a 4th LB that will see a lot of snaps and a 2/3 TE that might develop into a starter. Not bad if you ask me.

Great point about the offseason program!

There is really no “audition” for rookies to make rosters this year around the league — especially on a team that is returning a ton of starters from back to back 13 win seasons.

I like the decision.

I like that we didn't give up any future picks. Most of the draft resources I use had him as a top 3 overall TE. He runs great routes, with the ability to line up all over the formation. His blocking really started to improve and he is a very good athlete, super soft hands and will be a red zone weapon right away. I like it for now and esp the future when he gets with our coaches.

I know it’s against 2nd and 3rd tier schools, but he looks more agile and quick than someone 6’5” should look after seeing some of his videos.

He might not have straightline speed, but he looked fast in short bursts. His season stats indicate he’s sure handed. He has potential to be a red zone beast.

Normally, I’d be shocked and a little upset. However, this roster is ready to go. Other teams are drafting tomorrow hoping to find gems to fill in starting roles. We have zero vacancies in the starting roster, and good depth in lots of areas. There will be plenty of UDFA signings. Who knows, we may end up dumping Warford or Easton for a pick. The Saints got what they wanted, and with this crew’s recent resume, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Who Dat!

Normally, I’d be shocked and a little upset. However, this roster is ready to go. Other teams are drafting tomorrow hoping to find gems to fill in starting roles. We have zero vacancies in the starting roster, and good depth in lots of areas. There will be plenty of UDFA signings. Who knows, we may end up dumping Warford or Easton for a pick. The Saints got what they wanted, and with this crew’s recent resume, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Who Dat!

I’d argue that 3rd WR is still a need. We could probably get by with what we have but this WR class is nuts. You have to get someone.

OIP.tbisurG7MDxrsQB_7RJ2WwHaFj

I’d argue that 3rd WR is still a need. We could probably get by with what we have but this WR class is nuts. You have to get someone.

I hear you. If we go into the season with really our only need being an upgrade at the 3rd wr position, that’s not bad. I’m sure it’ll be addressed. I’d actually be surprised if we sit the whole day out tomorrow.

I think we trade back into draft tomorrow for a WR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom