Saints sign Chase Young to 1-year deal up to 13M (2.7M base, 1.86M signing, 450K workout, 7.99M total gameday roster bonus) (1 Viewer)

I did say "hinted".....I think it is fairly obvious that he is severely lacking the necessary leadership skills to be a competent HC, nothing I've seen the past few seasons have dispelled that notion, if anything they have cemented it.....of course, some disagree but I haven't seen an argument yet that convinces me otherwise.....

Last year, we missed the playoffs and finished 2nd in the division.....Can't use the injury excuse as so many did last year.....In our first games against our divisional opponents that we absolutely needed to beat (TB and ATL) the team came out as flat as a pancake.....

So in 2 off seasons we have made major changes to the coaching staffs on both sides of the ball, we have made personnel changes including getting DA's "guy" at QB.....and there are still some who think we should retain DA for a 4th year even if we don't make the playoffs....to me, that is utter insanity.....As DB9 himself said, Saints fans deserve better.....

That tells me you don't understand how any of this works.....Granderson is on a multi year deal he is an investment for the future, one with great value from the Saints POV.......Young is on a 1 year prove it deal......not the same by a mile.....
Keep in mind it was Carr's first season with the team, AK missed the first 4 games, and Carr got injured in the Packers game. A lot of the early season stuff was an uphill battle. And the team spanked the Bucs later in the season when Carr was playing much better.

Too little too late, yes, but not as bad as some make it out to be.

I feel like there should have been some type of indicator/sign. That would’ve told us what we were getting into, personally I hope for the best for this kid and it’s early enough in the year that I think you could possibly make a showing in preseason and be ready for week one.

IMG_2358.jpeg

Why can’t this contract info be reported accurately from the beginning? Why does it have to take two days before we finally sort out fact from fiction? SMH
Because then there wouldn't be multiple days and pages of people arguing over something that's not factually accurate. Where's the fun in that?

Why can’t this contract info be reported accurately from the beginning? Why does it have to take two days before we finally sort out fact from fiction? SMH

Probably because Young's agent was the one in control of the story and he wanted it to look like you got Young $13 million guaranteed. Reporters can only report what people will talk about and I'm sure Young's agent was out in front on this one saying that it was one year, but it's $13 million guaranteed.

You know how this world works. Most everyone believes the first story that hits social media. The vast majority of people never see the corrections or the rest of the story and they don't care.

Keep in mind it was Carr's first season with the team, AK missed the first 4 games, and Carr got injured in the Packers game. A lot of the early season stuff was an uphill battle. And the team spanked the Bucs later in the season when Carr was playing much better.

Too little too late, yes, but not as bad as some make it out to be.

Ah, the ever popular excuse parade....other teams have new QB's also (both our divisional opponents we lost to had 1st year starters at QB), heck Ridder was basically a rookie QB, 1st season as a starter..... other teams have injuries.....

How bad do you want it to be? Had we played just a normal NFL schedule our record very likely would be 7-10 or worse.....c'mon Dave, this pig has no more room for lipstick.....we can only hope things somehow improve this year....

Most players are signing 1-year deals this year. It's good for both the players and the teams since the 2025 salary is supposed to hit ~$300M.

I think this is starting to become the ultimate “gift and curse” byproduct with the rising salary cap. Teams are going to become more and more reluctant as time passes to give out big money long term deals. They will also become more and more reluctant to see through the long term deals they DO agree to.

That, and the QBs are going to gobble up more and more of the cash as well.

Something to keep an eye on as the cap rises and teams are forced to pay out absurd amounts of cash to marginal players.

More and more of those marginal players are going to find themselves on the couch in favor of cheap rookies.

Likely because the source for the initial reporting came from the player's agent, who will be focused on making his deal look good. Once they reach out to those with the real details, they adjust the reporting. It's why we as a board need to be better about waiting until the details come out.

Maybe this will teach us not to post instant reactions and allow a story to play out before making declarations? I mean, it wont, but it's nice to dream.

Ah, the ever popular excuse parade....other teams have new QB's also (both our divisional opponents we lost to had 1st year starters at QB), heck Ridder was basically a rookie QB, 1st season as a starter..... other teams have injuries.....

How bad do you want it to be? Had we played just a normal NFL schedule our record very likely would be 7-10 or worse.....c'mon Dave, this pig has no more room for lipstick.....we can only hope things somehow improve this year....
I mean, it's facts. But hey, different strokes and all that. :9:

Probably because Young's agent was the one in control of the story and he wanted it to look like you got Young $13 million guaranteed. Reporters can only report what people will talk about and I'm sure Young's agent was out in front on this one saying that it was one year, but it's $13 million guaranteed.
My guess based on what we did with Thomas' contract is that Young's roster bonus may be payable next year, so the guarantee is that he gets paid his roster bonus next year whether he is a Saint in 2025 or not. Here is how Thomas' contract was described:

1710949061779.png

You could word Young's the same way, that he is guaranteed a 2025 roster bonus up to $7.99m for games active in 2024. It would be one of those technically one year deals instead of an actual one year deal. We would either need to renegotiate his deal or release him before a trigger date, but in the case of a release he still gets his guaranteed bonus (as Thomas did).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom