Saints sign Chase Young to 1-year deal up to 13M (2.7M base, 1.86M signing, 450K workout, 7.99M total gameday roster bonus) (5 Viewers)

It’s a neck stinger that he still played through and put up 7.5 sacks. Some of you act like he got his leg amputated
It’s a neck stinger that he still played through and put up 7.5 sacks. Some of you act like he got his leg amputated.
another

It’s a neck stinger that he still played through and put up 7.5 sacks. Some of you act like he got his leg amputated.
Enough to require surgery and other teams passed. Also we weren’t his first choice, after other teams passed because of the injury. He settled for us.

He won’t be ready for training camp. There already other reporters saying it. We signed a dud. Even if it’s protected and we don’t owe money, why didn’t we just pass like other teams.
Prove other teams “passed”. It’s very possible Car offered a contract. There is no indication or information either way. Chase and his agent knows that the neck issue will be revealed by the physicals and it looks bad to appear to be trying to hide it so I believe his agent informed all teams before visits. It even said in the original tweet that “teamS” were aware of the issue. Yet Car still brought him in and Tennessee had him scheduled after us. To me that doesn’t seem like they passed on him, just that he chose us over them.

Enough to require surgery and other teams passed. Also we weren’t his first choice, after other teams passed because of the injury. He settled for us.
We don’t know who was Chase’s first choice.
There’s no known order. We know he had 3 known options as a FA and the Saints were one of the 3 teams that he was choosing from. He had 3 known visits scheduled in the same week. Purpose of the visits was to help him make his choice to sign a deal with one of the interested teams.

First team appears to have reached out first and scheduled a visit with his agent first. We don’t know why Chase and Carolina didn’t agree to a deal. It can be $ guarantees. Or Chase could have been turned off by Carolina FO and the team’s football plans for him during the visit. Those are much more plausible than being passed on since the teams is who showed interest and initiated/hosted the visits to convince him to sign with them.

He still had a visit with Tennessee planned before he signed with the Saints. Saints is who got the deal done. It was Chase’s choice and he ultimately chose the Saints

I think guys like Davenport and Turner have Saints fans gun shy. Even going back further it seems injuries follow Saints players around. I still feel the same though, best signing they could’ve gotten for the money they spent. I still take Young at 13 over Davenport at 10.5. Not a complete fan, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Last edited:
He won’t be ready for training camp. There already other reporters saying it. We signed a dud. Even if it’s protected and we don’t owe money, why didn’t we just pass like other teams.
Well there are also reports that say he could be back during training camp. So six of one and half dozen of the other. None of them really know. They're all just speculating.

I don’t know if I have ever seen the media more obsessed about a team that “should be tanking” in my life.

Why is everyone (including a handful of “fans”) so obsessed with us becoming awful to get better?

I don’t know if I have ever seen this before regarding a team hovering in the 9-8 range.
Why do "fans" think that we have to be awful to have a flexible cap. We don't. I don't care who is playing QB, Running Back, OLine every season, we are winning the Super Bowl. I don't care if they are 100% UDFAs, we winnin the bowl... until we are eliminated. So we don't have to be strapped for cash. All people are saying is... IF we do suck, we are fine, we grew up in it, we know how to deal with it... The youngin fans have ZERO experience with backward helmets and runnings backs in wedding dresses and people walking off the field while the Rams return the kick 106 yards and throwing a LATERAL instead of clocking the ball.

Last edited:
Very puzzling though that he is having a "procedure" for a stinger that will keep him out that long. Must be something more that we will not know,

I don't think AK has said anything like that. He certainly called out the offensive system and play calling, but I don't think he's said anything bad about DA. But, I could have missed it.

And, I don't disagree that he has been a failure as a head coach and I would have let him go two years ago. But, I don't think his failures are about not being a "leader of men." There are lots of ways to lead and clearly DA isn't the Dan Campbell type, but there are many different kinds of leaders. And some leadership is not obvious from the outside. Personally I think DAs failures have more to do with too much loyalty to PC and his failure to get a new OC when he was hired, bad in game management, and an inability to manage difficult players like MT and CJGJ.

I guess my point is that there is no way for any of us to know if DA is a leader and if he is what kind of leader he is. For some, like Dan Campbell, Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, etc. it's obvious. For others you really don't know unless you are inside the team.

I also think DA has fallen victim to our over expectations of the post Brees era. Due to lack of players or injury, we basically had not QB on this team until last year and Carr was bad to average for most of the season until he got it going in the last 5 games. Moreover there is no real pass rush and the OL is mediocre at their best. But, our expectation, built during the Payton/Brees ear, is that no matter the holes on the team, you just overcome them. That's not going to happen if you don't have an elite QB. Still, I think DA should have done a better job than he has done and maybe he would be on the right track had he hired a guy like Kubiak when he was hired for the job.

I did say "hinted".....I think it is fairly obvious that he is severely lacking the necessary leadership skills to be a competent HC, nothing I've seen the past few seasons have dispelled that notion, if anything they have cemented it.....of course, some disagree but I haven't seen an argument yet that convinces me otherwise.....

Last year, we missed the playoffs and finished 2nd in the division.....Can't use the injury excuse as so many did last year.....In our first games against our divisional opponents that we absolutely needed to beat (TB and ATL) the team came out as flat as a pancake.....

So in 2 off seasons we have made major changes to the coaching staffs on both sides of the ball, we have made personnel changes including getting DA's "guy" at QB.....and there are still some who think we should retain DA for a 4th year even if we don't make the playoffs....to me, that is utter insanity.....As DB9 himself said, Saints fans deserve better.....
I have found that Granderson's contract last year was for a avg of $13M per year. Just what Youngs deal for 1 year is worth. That tells me that Loomis views them the same in value.

That tells me you don't understand how any of this works.....Granderson is on a multi year deal he is an investment for the future, one with great value from the Saints POV.......Young is on a 1 year prove it deal......not the same by a mile.....

Most players are signing 1-year deals this year. It's good for both the players and the teams since the 2025 salary is supposed to hit ~$300M.
Yup. They're either waiting out the huge cap raise or they're signing prove-it deals to guarantee another big long term contract. I remember someone getting really, really upset with me for saying one-year deals aren't all that uncommon for players who aren't franchise cornerstones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom