Saints sign Chase Young to 1-year deal up to 13M (2.7M base, 1.86M signing, 450K workout, 7.99M total gameday roster bonus) (2 Viewers)

I have found that Granderson's contract last year was for a avg of $13M per year. Just what Youngs deal for 1 year is worth. That tells me that Loomis views them the same in value.
I wouldn't go that far. I'd say what Loomis is considering is that while Young has had issues, he still has an absurdly high ceiling and he's taking on a bit more risk than usual, but he's performed well on the field enough to know that Chase is more than capable of playing at a level at twice that salary. I'm not so sure he views Granderson in that same vein. They're two different scenarios.

Why wouldn't anyone take that seriously. Shouldn't the way to interpret what he says is genuine until we know it's not?

And I think at least part of why he's saying this is because of what Cam and others are saying to him about Allen.
I’ll say that Young has always said the “right” thing. He is a very diplomatic young man (that’s a good thing). He has yet to let any frustration out verbally to the press, regardless of the situation. He will say all of the right things, so I’m taking this with a grain of salt. Personally I don’t care for 🦌, but I would want to play for him, if I were a defensive player in the NFL, bc he does field a good defense, I can admit that.
Going back to Young, I hope that he has that “humbling” moment that I mentioned earlier in this thread. He needs to realize that his career is kinda on thin ice. He can understand that if he balls out, while continuing to give maximum effort, then he can have a great home here to hopefully finish out his career. If not, then he will be pushing himself further down into the abyss of the NFL. This has potential to be a win/win for him and us as a team. Case in point

I’ll say that Young has always said the “right” thing. He is a very diplomatic young man (that’s a good thing). He has yet to let any frustration out verbally to the press, regardless of the situation. He will say all of the right things, so I’m taking this with a grain of salt. Personally I don’t care for 🦌, but I would want to play for him, if I were a defensive player in the NFL, bc he does field a good defense, I can admit that.
Going back to Young, I hope that he has that “humbling” moment that I mentioned earlier in this thread. He needs to realize that his career is kinda on thin ice. He can understand that if he balls out, while continuing to give maximum effort, then he can have a great home here to hopefully finish out his career. If not, then he will be pushing himself further down into the abyss of the NFL. This has potential to be a win/win for him and us as a team
Oh no doubt. This is a make or break season for him. I hope he has a breakout year as much as the next guy, but it's "show me something" time.

From Walterfootball:

I don’t know if I have ever seen the media more obsessed about a team that “should be tanking” in my life.

Why is everyone (including a handful of “fans”) so obsessed with us becoming awful to get better?

I don’t know if I have ever seen this before regarding a team hovering in the 9-8 range.

I don’t know if I have ever seen the media more obsessed about a team that “should be tanking” in my life.

Why is everyone (including a handful of “fans”) so obsessed with us becoming awful to get better?

I don’t know if I have ever seen this before regarding a team hovering in the 9-8 range.
Yeah, it's definitely weird to me considering they missed the playoffs by literally 1 game.

And yes, the schedule is a consideration, but still.

Hanging 40 and 50 burgers at the height of the Drew/SP era has done some real emotional damage to other fans

1710866998058.gif

Folks doubting Chase Young saying nice things about Allen as a coach still can't figure out that Dennis, though his passive demeanor and sashay and Falcon apologies and deflective press conference answers all imply otherwise, is a spectacular defensive coach, one of the literal most talented people on Earth at what he does.

His success the past decade I'm pretty sure would put him in Top 5 on Earth DC conversation.

It's one of the remarkable aspects of Allen, and perhaps the most frustrating, that he manages to combine "unearthly DC talent" with "gut punch deflating poor HC leadership." It's honestly fascinating to me how he could be so good with one side of the ball when his entire aspect does not scream "leader of men" or "great coach", but his record is undeniable.

I could not have been more negative on him as a HC but even I have to admit his DC talent indicates there has to be at least some opportunity for him to figure it out at a higher level.

Besides, he's got Loomis totally convinced for *some* reason beyond DC stats.

A guy with an existing serious injury that requires surgery doesn’t get 13M fully guaranteed. The deal is nullified if he isn’t healthy enough to pass a physical. Saints aren’t paying someone 13M just to sit out the entire duration of the contract.

TJ is a podcaster, not a reputed reporter. He clashed with Nick Underhill for posting NOF’s player locker room interview videos without crediting them. He said Young’s visit was canceled after Nick said it was rescheduled. Not surprised that he’s making more news up for twitter engagement.
You were saying??!

You were saying??!
Don't gloat too fast. The Saints wrote in some protection in Chase's contract. If he doesn't play a full season he won't see the full $13M he signed to play for if he doesn't. so you can bet he'll be ready to play the first game. He return during training camp.

Don't gloat too fast. The Saints wrote in some protection in Chase's contract. If he doesn't play a full season he won't see the full $13M he signed to play for if he doesn't. so you can bet he'll be ready to play the first game. He return during training camp.
He won’t be ready for training camp. There already other reporters saying it. We signed a dud. Even if it’s protected and we don’t owe money, why didn’t we just pass like other teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom