Saints sign TE Benjamin Watson to a 3-year deal (1 Viewer)

Great, great signing. I always thought Watson was underrated. He'll be a great duo with Jimmy and is a bigger threat than Wendy's. Loomis is making it happen up in here.

This is a great pick up for us. Good player on the field, great man off. Very dedicated family, who does a lot of charitable work off the field.

Yeah, he's a guy that can split out. We could see more of those bunch formation that Payton likes to use where he motions out Graham and Watson to spread out a defense that has it's base personnel on the field. Graham and Watson would then be able to work against a team's LBs in space instead of having to face a chip or work past the DE to get off the line.

Exactly. Graham and Watson are going to be an underrated duo but IMO have the potential to be one of the best tandoms in the NFL.

Move over NFC South...Two TE sets can wreak havoc in a secondary. And my ohh my can this do wonders for our running game.

Can you imagine the sheer relief this guy must be feeling to go from whatever dregs Cleveland has under center from year to year to Drew freaking Brees? Hahaha, lawwwwd.

Well he did play for the Pats for years prior to going to Cleveland. He was select 32nd overall in 04.

Good #2 tightened...6'3 255lb tightened that has speed and is a solid blocker...upgrade from David Thomas...athletically...but does he his toughness....D
Thomas did a lot of the dirty work.

On his health, looks like he has only missed one game in the past four seasons.

Me likey.

EDIT - Three games. All in one season. So three of the seasons were full 16 games, and one season with 13.

Daniel Graham equivalent.

Definitely not. Watson is MUCH better than Daniel Graham was when he joined the Saints and Watson has always been a superior pass-catching threat than Graham ever was. This is a very nice move by the Saints. Ben Watson is an upgrade over David Thomas!

Daniel Graham equivalent.

Not even close. Daniel Graham was never the athlete that Watson was/is. At one point Watson could flip a 40 in the 4.4 range. Graham was the better blocker though.

This is a nice signing IMHO.

This is great! Two pass catching tight ends, a plethora of running backs, and the same WR that have been getting it done for the Saints in the last 5 years. This offense will for sure rival their 2011-2012 record in terms of yards. Just need to find a respectable LT in either the draft or FA and Drew will do the rest!

Well he did play for the Pats for years prior to going to Cleveland. He was select 32nd overall in 04.

Yeah, I'm sure he's been missing that kind of A-list QB he had for 7 years while he was off in Cleveland. Now he's got another one.

Good #2 tightened...6'3 255lb tightened that has speed and is a solid blocker...upgrade from David Thomas...athletically...but does he his toughness....D
Thomas did a lot of the dirty work.
The best part is, he is not a #2 TE. He is OUR #2 TE, yes, but I bet nobody here can name 15 TEs in the NFL who are better than Watson. He is a bonafide #1 TE. What an awesome signing :worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom