Saints sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (19 Viewers)

I haven't seen the contract specifics, but I'm assuming we are paying MVS the minimum, which is interesting given that he had a fully guaranteed minimum salary (+ small signing bonus) with the Bills.

The Bills will get some cap/cash relief from the signing, but MVS would be taking on injury risk without any additional compensation in 2024. I doubt he signed with us as a contender, he must see enough opportunity to get some decent film on tape to make the risk/reward worth it.

Yeah he probably sees it as an audition for a contract somewhere next year.

Is Perry hurt? Not sure why we would not sign him to our active roster given his familiarity with the system and QBs.
He had the option and chose not to come back, so it had to be some things going on internally that nobody is really speaking about that will probably come out at the end of the season, like it always does.

I haven't seen the contract specifics, but I'm assuming we are paying MVS the minimum, which is interesting given that he had a fully guaranteed minimum salary (+ small signing bonus) with the Bills.

The Bills will get some cap/cash relief from the signing, but MVS would be taking on injury risk without any additional compensation in 2024. I doubt he signed with us as a contender, he must see enough opportunity to get some decent film on tape to make the risk/reward worth it.

That's how I see it. The Saints have nobody proven at WR right now. MVS might get 10+ targets a game. He's 30 years old, this isn't just his last chance to earn any kind of "payday", it is likely his last chance to show he's even worth having on anyone's 53 for 2025.

He’s someone who can hit big plays down the field, however, he’s not the best at catching the ball. Which is rough considering he’s a wide receiver.

5 pages in and not a single post declaring concern that with this signing we could see the young receivers Means and Tipton regress in confidence and game experience with MVS taking their reps. :shrug:

I guess some folks here only apply that logic to one position.

5 pages in and not a single post declaring concern that with this signing we could see the young receivers Means and Tipton regress in confidence and game experience with MVS taking their reps. :shrug:

Olave is returning, they were going to lose reps anyway.

Plus, when Shaheed returns in 2025, they'll lose even more reps and possibly not make the roster.

Post #24. I mention that I hopes it doesn't take too many snaps away from Means' development.

Olave is returning, they were going to lose reps anyway.

Plus, when Shaheed returns in 2025, they'll lose even more reps and possibly not make the roster.

I think Means is a keeper. He appears to be developing nicely. But I'm a bit disappointed in Tipton after all the training camp hype.

I have yet to see what the staff sees in Tipton. He has not impressed at all. Maybe he will come around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom