Saints sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (23 Viewers)

He's not great but he probably instantly becomes our #2 or #3 WR.

I just hope he doesn't take snaps away from Means' development.
I don't think it will hinder his development. MVS takes targets away from the 2 and 3. Means should still get plenty of touches.

That said, when Olave returns, that could reduce Means' touches by quite a bit. We'll see how comfortable Carr gets with Means also.

I give them credit for trying. I just don't trust MVS hands...that's why he's bounced around the league. He played with Mahomes for goodness sakes and still dropped balls.
Exactly. Very fast but 50/50 catching which is why he is looking for a job.

He's not great but he probably instantly becomes our #2 or #3 WR.

I just hope he doesn't take snaps away from Means' development.
I like means and hope he continues to develop but the business is to win games and whoever gives the best chance of that is who needs to be there. No longer worried about veterans who can make plays taking snaps from rookies that we hoping will work out. I used to hold favorites but no longer. Get the guys that can get the job done. Rookies have to learn and do the best they can sink or swim.

That was in camp where there is hardly any contact. Now he's playing in real games where he's getting jammed at line and bumped and pushed around. He needs to step up or get passed up.

In the off season, sure. But right now, there ain't nobody behind him to pass him up.

Veteran that can stretch the field. If nothing else, it's worth bringing him around as an experienced presence for Means and Tipton
Odds are he’s used as the clear out guy, similar to Devery and Meachem back in the day. That’s mostly what he did elsewhere. So maybe this allows Olave and Shaheed to run fewer deep routes and be more effective when they do?

Odds are he’s used as the clear out guy, similar to Devery and Meachem back in the day. That’s mostly what he did elsewhere. So maybe this allows Olave and Shaheed to run fewer deep routes and be more effective when they do?
Maybe except Shaheed is done for the year so I'm guessing it'd be Olave and Bud Means? Tipton? Idk

MVS is just another 3rd or 4th WR who offers a deep threat and is a willing blocker.

I think it’s the Olave and Means show from here with Wilson, Tipton, and MVS as roll players.

I can see him dropping the game winner at some point in the near future. It was a routine thing for him in KC.

The way this season is going it will be the Falcons game

4.3 speed with good size, might be a better fit for the Shaheed role than Shaheed is. Not the strongest hands but he can stretch the field

Yeah, the Z can be almost any size WR as long as they have the speed to take the top off a defense which MVS does. He also has probably the worst hands in the NFL, but he'll catch a ball at somewhere in the 22-49% range so he can't be left uncovered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom