Saints hosted RB Kareem Hunt and LB Anthony Barr (Upd: Hunt leaves Colts/Vikings visits w/ no deal; Giants cancel Barr visit) (2 Viewers)

SonOfNOLA

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This could be the best Saints backfield since 2011. Can’t ask for better depth to open the first 3 games than a Williams-Hunt-Miller trio. Both JW and Hunt can carry the load and catch out of the backfield. Signing Hunt could help AK get back to a 8+ yards per touch average and a huge reception season when he returns.

Last edited:
My prediction is that neither makes a significant impact and the rooks at those positions end up playing more often than they do.
My prediction is we wear defenses down all game with consistent fresh legs at RB and carr shreds defenses in the play action. We had 4 RBs in 2011 and rushed for over 2k while neither of them had over 1000 yards lol. Pick your poison

If the Saints end up carrying 5 running backs (including Prentice), there is going to be an interesting crunch someplace else on the roster.

I looked up the Chiefs 53 from last year. They kept 5 RB's 4 TE's and 5 WR's. It would make for a tough cut. especially factoring in special teams.

If the Saints end up carrying 5 running backs (including Prentice), there is going to be an interesting crunch someplace else on the roster.

I looked up the Chiefs 53 from last year. They kept 5 RB's 4 TE's and 5 WR's. It would make for a tough cut. especially factoring in special teams.
It’s no different than last year and most of or all of the past 15 seasons at least. We always carry 4 RBs and a FB. We had AK, Ingram, David Johnson/Eno Benjamin and Washington, and a FB Prentice last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom