Saints tried to trade up in 2021 for Mac Jones (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
Pretty sure we got confirmation of this last year. Still, I'm kind of glad it didn't happen. Jones is solid, but I don't think he is doing to become a franchise QB.
Were would Jones rank against this years QB class?

Jones would of been terrible on last years team. I can only imagine the threads about him now.

For now hes a decent QB, It might take him time to get to that next level. He seems to be a very smart player.

Were would Jones rank against this years QB class?

Don't know. Some of that depends on what you want in a QB. My uneducated opinion is he would definitely rank behind Pickett and Willis based on upside. He's probably in the range of Ridder, Coral, and Howell, but I personally like Howell and Ridder more than Jones. To me Jones' ceiling is mid-range starter and his floor is low end starter. To me, that's not good enough to win in the NFL and I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Pickett, Willis, Ridder, Coral, or Howell who I think have much higher ceilings. But, I will say that all except for Pickett probably have much lower floors than Jones.

But, I'm no professional so take it for what it's worth which isn't much.

But, But, But why would they do that if they had Winston under contract? I mean they signed him for a reason, even after Brees retired Winston had soooo many offers he could of went anywhere but resigned on a 1 year deal to help the Saints out and even though they tried to get Watson this year Winston told all the other 31 NFL Teams, no no, I want to stay in New Orleans don't bother calling me and even though they made a trade to get two first round picks this year it couldn't be to try and go after a QB because what they really want is this offensive lineman and and and....

See the source image

Last edited:
Their only evidence of this... is us trying to leapfrog New England? We tried to trade up into the top 10 for a corner in Horn or Surtain. It's been well documented. We didn't need to trade into the top 10 for Mac Jones. Would of been horrendous with that noodle arm.

But, But, But why would they do that if they had Winston under contract? I mean they resigned him for a reason, even after Brees retired Winston had soooo many offers he could of went anywhere but resigned on a 1 year deal to help the Saints out and even thought hey tried to get Watson this year Winston told all the other 31 NFL Teams, no no, I want to stay in New Orleans don't bother calling me and even though they made a trade to two first round picks this year it couldnt be to try and go after a QB they really want is this offensive lineman and and and....
So YOU’RE the hater! Lol jk.

Their only evidence of this... is us trying to leapfrog New England? We tried to trade up into the top 10 for a corner in Horn or Surtain. It's been well documented. We didn't need to trade into the top 10 for Mac Jones. Would of been horrendous with that noodle arm.

I think there were two different trade attempts. One was into the top 10 for Horn or Surtain and the other was lower for Jones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom