Saints tried to trade up in 2021 for Mac Jones (2 Viewers)

Mac is a high floor...low ceiling QB, glad we didn't take him. He's about as good as he's going to ever be and he'll never be better than Allen, Hebert, Mahones, Burrow

But, But, But why would they do that if they had Winston under contract? I mean they resigned him for a reason, even after Brees retired Winston had soooo many offers he could of went anywhere but resigned on a 1 year deal to help the Saints out and even though they tried to get Watson this year Winston told all the other 31 NFL Teams, no no, I want to stay in New Orleans don't bother calling me and even though they made a trade to get two first round picks this year it couldn't be to try and go after a QB because what they really want is this offensive lineman and and and....

See the source image
A few of you are going to be eating some serious crow after this draft.

Pretty sure we got confirmation of this last year. Still, I'm kind of glad it didn't happen. Jones is solid, but I don't think he is going to become a franchise QB.
The problem is we don't have a Bill Belichick to complement him.

Just a reminder of how tough a year 2021 was. Very little film on so many players because of COVID. Teams were playing scared, afraid to trade because no one knew the true value of most players.

Almost no one pulled off a trade. I’m just glad things are back to normal this year and trading is a thing again.

Just a reminder of how tough a year 2021 was. Very little film on so many players because of COVID. Teams were playing scared, afraid to trade because no one knew the true value of most players.

Almost no one pulled off a trade. I’m just glad things are back to normal this year and trading is a thing again.

Great point….

Jones has been underwhelming against decent teams and look completely out skilled in the playoffs.

Dude come on, he's a rookie

I think I'm gonna open up a school on how to watch film. I'm jk, I'm not that arrogant lol

People are always coming up with these crazy theories as to why someone isn't good

There aren't many rookie QB's in history that dominated good teams and were amazing in the playoffs.

You got to stop listening to people that don't know what they are talking about.

Mac Jones is a good QB, and is on the trajectory to become a really good qb, maybe even great.

Do me a favor, go look at the rookie years of some of the greatest qb's of all time.

There is a development process in the NFL at the qb position, that comes with experience and mental fortitude. It is completely normal for qb's to come in their rookie year, and struggle against elite defenses and the playoff atmosphere. If they even get to the playoffs, most of them don't. It's actually rare they make the playoffs.

This comment just really threw me off, it's literally insane, no disrespect.

Look up guys like Brees, Manning, Josh Allen, and really almost any rookie qb ever.

Last edited:
Dude come on, he's a rookie

I think I'm gonna open up a school on how to watch film.

People are always coming up with these crazy theories as to why someone isn't good

There aren't many rookie QB's in history that dominated good teams and were amazing in the playoffs.

You got to stop listening to people that don't know what they are talking about.

Mac Jones is a good QB, and is on the trajectory to become a really good qb, maybe even great.

Do me a favor, go look at the rookie years of some of the greatest qb's of all time.

There is a development process in the NFL at the qb position. It is completely normal for qb's to come in their rookie year, and struggle against elite defenses and the playoff atmosphere. If they even get to the playoffs, most of them don't. It's actually rare they make the playoffs.

This comment just really threw me off, it's literally insane, no disrespect.

Look up guys like Brees, Manning, Josh Allen, and really almost any rookie qb ever.
You can't fix a noodle arm. He's not good. Especially, against the elite crop of AFC QB. He's a game manager at best.

I think Pickett has a better arm and is more mobile, but they are similar "types" of QB.
They say he's a poor mans Joe Burrow. Which to me says he has familiar swagger to his game. He'd be a good fit in NO.

Last edited:
You can't fix a noodle arm. He's not good. Especially, against the elite crop of AFC QB. He's a game manager at best.

His arm is plenty strong, you don't have to have elite arm strength to be successful in the NFL

Being a Saints fan you should know that

Secondly, he's a rookie... it's very common for them to have some inconsistent play against some of the better defenses in the league. It can take up to 3-4 years, sometimes longer for them to reach their full potential.

Mac Jones did a lot of things well last year, especially considering he was rookie.

Your Logic makes no sense, and isn't credible in the slightest.

I could name hundreds of qbs who struggled against good defenses for their first couple years and went on to have HOF careers.

The most recent qb is Josh Allen. He was absolutely horrible his rookie year, and now he is one of the best qbs in the NFL. There is a development process at the qb position, and Mac Jones has shown there is a lot to be excited for in his game.

You should really watch some film on him again, bc what your saying just isn't true.

I don't even like Mac Jones, but I love football, and I know football. Your take is very irresponsible

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom