Saints tried to trade up in 2021 for Mac Jones (1 Viewer)

I think there were two different trade attempts. One was into the top 10 for Horn or Surtain and the other was lower for Jones.
Nick Underhil only ever mentions the CB trades as being seriously engineered. Never Mac Jones. So, I don't think so.

But, But, But why would they do that if they had Winston under contract? I mean they resigned him for a reason, even after Brees retired Winston had soooo many offers he could of went anywhere but resigned on a 1 year deal to help the Saints out and even thought hey tried to get Watson this year Winston told all the other 31 NFL Teams, no no, I want to stay in New Orleans don't bother calling me and even though they made a trade to two first round picks this year it couldnt be to try and go after a QB they really want is this offensive lineman and and and....

See the source image

Yeah, i believe they targeted Horn & Surtain w/Mac Jones being the fall back plan if we missed out on those CBs. Thank god, cause we wouldve prob ended up drafting Jones. The dude’s efficient, but def not a true franchise QB in my oponion.
💯 agreed.

Do we ever hear of when we tried to move up...but the player turned out to be a bust? The only one I can remember is the linebacker (Foster?) from a few years ago...forget his name now.

I knew they were trying to trade up last year, but I thought most people said they were trying to get a corner back?

This is old news; it was reported in multiple locations Payton wanted to trade up for a chance at Jones. Couldn't find a willing partner, just like with Mahomes in 2017.

Yeah, i believe they targeted Horn & Surtain w/Mac Jones being the fall back plan if we missed out on those CBs. Thank god, cause we wouldve prob ended up drafting Jones. The dude’s efficient, but def not a true franchise QB in my oponion.
I love how people try and act like the QB position is the LEAST important position.

But, But, But why would they do that if they had Winston under contract? I mean they resigned him for a reason, even after Brees retired Winston had soooo many offers he could of went anywhere but resigned on a 1 year deal to help the Saints out and even though they tried to get Watson this year Winston told all the other 31 NFL Teams, no no, I want to stay in New Orleans don't bother calling me and even though they made a trade to get two first round picks this year it couldn't be to try and go after a QB because what they really want is this offensive lineman and and and....

See the source image
In before the JW haters...

...darn. Never mind.

Mac Jones going to go backwards and fail badly this year

Belichick and Jones going to greatly miss Josh Mcdaniels

Belichick to compensate Mcdanials loss , Billy is moving Matt Patricia to the offensive side to help Mac Jones

I like Mac Jones. Perfectly fine QB who can grow into an elite passer. But it’s got to happen in the right place. The Patriots fit him.

And I would say he would have been perfect for the Saints as well but I’m less confident with Payton gone we can get 100% out of a prospect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom