Saints tried to trade up in 2021 for Mac Jones (2 Viewers)

The most recent qb is Josh Allen. He was absolutely horrible his rookie year, and now he is one of the best qbs in the NFL. There is a development process at the qb position
That and Stefon Diggs coming to the rescue...šŸ˜¶

His arm is plenty strong, you don't have to have elite arm strength to be successful in the NFL

Being a Saints fan you should know that

Secondly, he's a rookie... it's very common for them to have some inconsistent play against some of the better defenses in the league. It can take up to 3-4 years, sometimes longer for them to reach their full potential.

Mac Jones did a lot of things well last year, especially considering he was rookie.

Your Logic makes no sense, and isn't credible in the slightest.

I could name hundreds of qbs who struggled against good defenses for their first couple years and went on to have HOF careers.

The most recent qb is Josh Allen. He was absolutely horrible his rookie year, and now he is one of the best qbs in the NFL. There is a development process at the qb position, and Mac Jones has shown there is a lot to be excited for in his game.

You should really watch some film on him again, bc what your saying just isn't true.

I don't even like Mac Jones, but I love football, and I know football. Your take is very irresponsible
I agree with Takers take on Jones...he'll never be better than Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Hebert...my prediction: New England will be drafting another QB within the next 3 years.

Don't know. Some of that depends on what you want in a QB. My uneducated opinion is he would definitely rank behind Pickett and Willis based on upside. He's probably in the range of Ridder, Coral, and Howell, but I personally like Howell and Ridder more than Jones. To me Jones' ceiling is mid-range starter and his floor is low end starter. To me, that's not good enough to win in the NFL and I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Pickett, Willis, Ridder, Coral, or Howell who I think have much higher ceilings. But, I will say that all except for Pickett probably have much lower floors than Jones.

But, I'm no professional so take it for what it's worth which isn't much.
Mac Jones is Ian books ceiling

His arm is plenty strong, you don't have to have elite arm strength to be successful in the NFL

Being a Saints fan you should know that

Secondly, he's a rookie... it's very common for them to have some inconsistent play against some of the better defenses in the league. It can take up to 3-4 years, sometimes longer for them to reach their full potential.

Mac Jones did a lot of things well last year, especially considering he was rookie.

Your Logic makes no sense, and isn't credible in the slightest.

I could name hundreds of qbs who struggled against good defenses for their first couple years and went on to have HOF careers.

The most recent qb is Josh Allen. He was absolutely horrible his rookie year, and now he is one of the best qbs in the NFL. There is a development process at the qb position, and Mac Jones has shown there is a lot to be excited for in his game.

You should really watch some film on him again, bc what your saying just isn't true.

I don't even like Mac Jones, but I love football, and I know football. Your take is very irresponsible
When we won a Super bowl brees had plenty of arm

I love how people try and act like the QB position is the LEAST important position.
So, just because i was never a fan of Mac Jones blah, blah, blah. Common knowledge that the QB position is the single most important position in sports. Thank for your two cents, though, lol

Brees used to be able to get he ball 40+ yards downfield on a rope back then...somewhere around 2016-17 it dropped off, it can be argued that the 2015 injury is what did him in but then 2018+ it really fell off a cliff.
Brees arm was so good back in the day when he threw a bomb the ball would leave the top of the tv screen and you would know itā€™s coming down as a Touchdown down the seam

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom