Saints vs Bucs a rivalry?... Are we getting to the point where it's as big as Saints/Falcons? (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This Bucs writer thinks so, or at least is trying to promote the rivalry for the Bucs. I have to admit, of late it's been pretty heated, and one could argue that it's getting closer to Saints/Falcons level... but IMO it's definitely not there yet.

The Saints Really Do Hate The Bucs​

By Bailey Adams - Pewter Report

The Bucs and Saints don’t like each other. It’s worth going as far as saying they hate each other, really.

Historically, Saints-Falcons has been the marquee rivalry in the NFC South. But as much as Saints players and fans may deny it, Bucs-Saints has become nastier and more contentious in recent years. The heat between the two teams has been turned up time and again, no matter how much New Orleans defensive end Cameron Jordan claims otherwise.

Whether he realizes it or not, it’s actually been Jordan who has done some of the most work to build up this rivalry — at least off the field. He takes shots at the Bucs any time he gets a chance.

He taunted Donovan Smith when the former Tampa Bay left tackle signed an extension with the team in 2019. When Tom Brady retired in 2023, Jordan claimed the Bucs would go back to the depths of the division and then he doubled down on it even after they split the season series and Tampa Bay three-peated as NFC South champions in Baker Mayfield’s first year as Brady’s successor. ...

Bucs fans really want us to hate them but we just don't. Outside of Lattimore and Mike Evans, I don't think there is really any bad blood.

And, from a fan perspective, I don't think any of us have much of any feelings about them. I think I dislike Minnesota and Philly more than Tampa and they aren't even in our division.

I don’t understand why Bucs fans and reporters are so desperate to make this a thing.

I certainly think they hate us a lot, because for a good while we were a bully in what was a new division for them, relatively speaking.

For this writer to compare this to the Saints-Falcons rivalry is comical though.

Writing a whole article trying to prove a rivalry exists…I mean, how lame is that??? 🤣

Last edited:
I don’t like them but I hate many teams a lot more. Them beating the Eagles in the playoffs last year was hilarious

This actually really is a great point and litmus test you have pointed out for this so called “rivalry.”

I, like you, had no problems with the Bucs knocking off the Eagles, or at least, was apathetic going into the game and didn’t care either way. I may not have necessarily been rooting for them, but I did find satisfaction in them knocking off the Eagles. And that right there is the rub…

Could you ever imagine rooting for the Falcons in a playoff game or not caring about the result?!

I don’t understand why Bucs fans and reporters are so desperate to make this a thing.

I certainly think they hate us a lot, because for a good while we were a bully in what was a new division for them, relatively speaking.

For this writer to compare this to the Saints-Falcons rivalry is comical though.

Writing a whole article trying to prove a rivalry exists…I mean, how lame is that??? 🤣

If you have to write an article arguing that a rivalry exits, the rivalry doesn't exist.

The only rational way to take this is to hate the Falcons even more because they have to be behind it somehow. There's literally no animosity for the Bucs outside of game days against them.

Who am I kidding? It's not possible to hate the Falcons more. God, they suck. I hope all their changes blow up in their face, but really slowly. They finish each year with just enough hope to not see the further demise on the horizon as they continue to lose both games to the Saints year in and year out. I hope their rookie QB does enough to cause a QB controversy and then ***** the bed when they let Cousins go, only to have an extremely successful career with an AFC team after they give up on him further making them look like complete idiots. LOL!

...what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, **** the Falcons.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom