Saints vs Bucs a rivalry?... Are we getting to the point where it's as big as Saints/Falcons? (4 Viewers)

I wouldn’t even call the Falcons the national rival to the Saints.
In my opinion, the Saints have two national rivals; the Rams and Vikings.
And I make this statement for a few reasons.
1. The Rams and Vikings have historically been more successful than the Falcons. So, most of the country are familiar with those franchises.
2. The Saints have more nationally known games with those franchises. Good and bad.
The 09 and 18 NFCCGs for example. Kamara’s Christmas Game.
3. Just by viewing how the networks schedule the Saints games with the Rams and Vikings. That’s gonna be the rivalry games for the Saints when they’re on national TV.
I don’t totally agree … but both of those ARE on my HATE list

I wouldn’t even call the Falcons the national rival to the Saints.
In my opinion, the Saints have two national rivals; the Rams and Vikings.
And I make this statement for a few reasons.
1. The Rams and Vikings have historically been more successful than the Falcons. So, most of the country are familiar with those franchises.
2. The Saints have more nationally known games with those franchises. Good and bad.
The 09 and 18 NFCCGs for example. Kamara’s Christmas Game.
3. Just by viewing how the networks schedule the Saints games with the Rams and Vikings. That’s gonna be the rivalry games for the Saints when they’re on national TV.

I mean, that's all logical and all, but there is an emotional dislike for the Falcon's that transcends wins and losses in big games. I mean, it's like LSU and Tulane. Tulane hasn't really been competitive with LSU in a very long time, but emotionally the rivalry still exists.

After a conversation I started a couple months ago, I'm not saying anything. Lol.

True story, went to a Doplhins / Bills game in Miami for a bachelor party. Going to an NFL game between 2 teams that legit hate each other ( was 1995) was a real eye opener and I learned my team doesn't have anything like that. I've got teams I want the Bucs to beat more than others, but if it wasn't for the division I'm not sure the Saints would be on the list. Ya'll have been royaly screwed so many times it's kind of hard not to root for them when my team is out of the picture.

Now, for trolling purposes, if your a Bucs fan and want to trigger a Saints fan, call them a rival. Really people, three pages? Protest too much??? 😀
The NFC Central didn’t want y’all either

I only hated Brady. Been to one game there and their own fans didn't even care about them. I want the Saints to beat them but we want that every week no matter the team.

I also went to a game there. Stadium was 3/4 full and we were surrounded by a bunch of USF students. Probably got free tickets. Can't ever think of a game in Atlanta being like that for Saints week.

Hate list:

1. Falcons
2. Falcons
3. Falcons
4. 49ers
5. Falcons

It feels like they were a bigger rival when I was first becoming rabid about the Saints around the time of Katrina.

Falcons I loathe and will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER attend another away game in the ATL. Their fans were heinous. That's the rivalry.

Panthers just don't seem to really be serious, at this point.

Bucs obvs have two Superbowls but the Saints swept them each of those years. I've also been to an away Bucs game and those fans were fine.

I went to a high school that was the third wheel of a rivalry. There were only three big schools in the area at the time and the other two (Barbe and LaGrange) had been rivals for decades. Sulphur kept trying to intervene as this third wheel and even at 14 years old I could see the desperation and loneliness that went into trying to force that.

Fast forward 20 years and LaGrange dropped classification so now Barbe and Sulphur ARE the rivals.....so....you never know.

Keep trying, desperate Bucs!

No, not for me. I'm from the "old days" and the Saints/Falcons are at a level all to themselves.

It would take a lot for the Bucs to surpass ATL. I imagine the Falcons really hate us at this point! 😁

It would take a lot for the Bucs to surpass ATL. I imagine the Falcons really hate us at this point! 😁
So much so that they come after our players, coaches, FO staff, all in an attempt to mimic us. And they still fail.

Now, for trolling purposes, if your a Bucs fan and want to trigger a Saints fan, call them a rival. Really people, three pages? Protest too much??? 😀
The thread is based on an article from Pewter Report. Nice try, though.

Bucs always fight hard against us. I still dont care about them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom